Chapter XVIII

One month later...

Hiruzen sighs to himself in his seat at the arena. Over the last month, Naruto disappeared and Sakura was raped and murdered. A semen sample was taken to identify the rapist. However, the results and sample disappeared, while the scientist who looked at the sample was found murdered. Then, both the bodies of Sakura and the scientist vanish. The Harunos begged the Hokage to search the village. Neither body was ever found. Due to the state of the second murder, the Hokage speculates that someone else killed the scientist to cover up who killed Sakura. A witness did say they saw an ANBU with an odd mask that had a symbol had been at the building that the scientist was found before he was found dead. The Hokage knows that Danzo is covering up the identity of the rapist and has done something with the two bodies. He can't figure out why, nor can he prove Danzo's involvement.

He sighs again.

"This has been one crazy month."

*Scene Change*

"This has been one crazy month."

Dosu shakes his head at Naruto.

"Did Kushina-sama train you too hard?"

"Not at all. It has definitely been worth it."

After the training was complete, Kushina left the village, so that she could arrive officially as the Otokage without raising any suspicions.

"By the way, what do you guys think of the new look?"

All three members of Team Dosu smile at him.

"The look suits you, Naruto. It's great to have you on our side."

Naruto smiles at them.

"Now then, let's go kick some ass!"

*Scene Change*

Two people join the Hokage in his private booth.

"Kazekage, it's good to see you."

"Likewise, Hokage."

The Kazekage takes his seat. The Hokage looks at the other person and is shocked.

The person is a woman, dressed in kage robes that are violet. The symbol for Oto no Kuni can be seen on the hat. But what shocks him the most, is the woman herself.

"Kushina?"

"It's been a while, old man."

"What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to see how well Otokage-sama ninja perform in the finals, I'm just the temporary Otokage  ."

"But I thought you were dead!"

"Never assume someone is dead, when you don't find a body."

"Then why did you abandon Naruto?"

"I did no such thing! I'll explain while we watch."

"Very well, but I want the full story."