Chapter XXIII.

Jiraiya stares at Tsunade, surprised that she was even in Konoha.

"It's been a long time, Jiraiya."

"Tsunade? What are you doing here? Never mind, it's good you're here! Konoha is being invaded! Help me defend the west wall!"

Jiraiya turns to leave, but notices that Tsunade is not moving to follow him. She shakes her head at him. "Sorry, Jiraiya. I'm on the other side."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"What are you talking about? You're a loyal, Konoha ninja."

"Not anymore."

"Explain."

"Well, after I left when Dan and Nawaki were dead, I went from town to town with Shizune, drinking and gambling. A month later, I heard about the Kyuubi attack and how my last, living cousin and student, Kushina, and her son had been labeled as deceased.
Naturally, that didn't improve my drinking and gambling habits. Eleven years later, I was surprised when I was tracked down by Kushina, who was supposed to be dead.
I was also surprised to learn that her son was still alive. She told about how Naruto was taken from her! About how she was sold off to Orochimaru! About Konoha's plans to turn Naruto into a weapon! about how Naruto was beaten, tortured, among others things, About how he was denied the basic knowledge of his family for a bullshit reason, about how he had no one to help him while he was growing up! About how you abandoned your own godson, to go chase after a sick, twisted traitor!"

"Why should I care about him? Just because he's my godson doesn't mean I have to care."

"Him being your godson should be reason, enough!"

"It isn't to me. Now, can we get off of this? Tell me why you switched sides?"

"Isn't it obvious? Konoha betrayed the last of my family! Family is always important! Isn't that what your toads always say?"

"So, what? The toads don't know what they're talking about! Family is meaningless! They think of me as a part of their family. I only think of them as tools! That's the only thing they're good for! Serving me in battle!"

Tsunade smirks. "You shouldn't have said that."

"Why not?"

"Simple, I had the slugs contact the toads. When they last called you there, the toads placed a listening device in your pocket. They just heard everything you said."

Jiraiya's eyes widen in horror. He hears the sound of a summoning behind him. He turns around to see Shima, Fukasaku, Gambunta, and the Great Toad Sage glaring at him. "Jiraiya-boy, when we heard from the slugs about how you had turned your back on our beliefs, we found it hard to believe. Now after hearing what you just said, it's obvious that you are unfit to be our summoner."

"Therefore, after much deliberation with Shima, Fukasaku, and Gambunta, we have decided to cast you out. Your name will be removed from the scroll. The knowledge of how to find Mt. Myoboku, how to summon us, and how to use your Sage Mode will be taken from you, never to be given back. This is our decision."

"You can't do this to me! I am the Great Jiraiya!" Two toads appear and grab onto Jiraiya. He tries to break free, but their grip is too strong. The Great Toad Sage places a hand on Jiraiya. Jiraiya screams in pain as the knowledge of the toads is ripped from his mind. When he is done, the two toads let go and disappear. Jiraiya falls to the ground. The toads then summon the scroll. The Great Toad Sage wipes his hand over Jiraiya's name. The scroll catches on fire, but when the fire fades away, the scroll is unharmed, except Jiraiya's name has been burned off.