prince rivalry {I}

walking down the long hallway leading into the throne room, jeon jungkook looked at each expensive painting that hung on the walls. reaching the big doors, jungkook motioned for the guards to open them. the guards, bowing to the younger prince, obliged to his orders and opened the doors.

   the young prince walked into the big room, known as the throne room. he saw his parents sitting on their thrones, staring at nothing in particular, eyes landing on the younger as he entered the room.

   "mother, father." jungkook greeted his parents with respectful bows, which earned a smile from his mother.

   "oh, jungkook, you needn't be so formal with us. we're just your parents," jungkook's mother spoke with a warm smile on her face.

   "on the contrary, mother. formality wins the crown, which is exactly what i plan to do." jungkook looked over at his father, seeing a frown placed upon his lips. "something wrong, father?"

   his father sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "nothing too serious, son. i just don't quite understand why he has to come here. don't get me wrong, his father is a very respectful man, but he is just— not like his father."

   jungkook couldn't help but crack a smile at his father's wording, "not to worry, father. you won't have to socialize with him. just give him a warm salutation and be on your merry way."

   jungkook's father chuckled at his son's answer, "i only wish it was that simple. he's undoubtedly impossible to avoid, no matter how hard one tries."

   jungkook's mother cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the other two. "sorry to interrupt, dears, but jungkook must get ready for prince kim's arrival. he should be here shortly."

   "i'm ready, mother. i even had the maid polish my accents last night, now they shine when the light hits them, reflecting my dominance." jungkook's father laughed aloud at this, making jungkook frown. "something funny, father?"

   jungkook's father wiped the tears from his eyes, small chuckles still escaping his mouth, "nothing at all, son. just thought of something funny."

   "may i know what it is?" jungkook's father froze, trying to think of something funny that happened. it turns out, his family isn't really big on laughs.

   "well—" a servant knocking in the door interrupted mr. jeon's thinking. "please, come in."

   the servant stepped inside, glancing at jungkook and then back at his father, "prince kim has arrived, sir. shall i ask him to wait a while? it seems as though i have interrupted something."

   "no! no, why make the guest wait?" jungkook's father started, already getting up from his seat. "come my dearest, let's go greet our acquaintance." he held out a hand for mrs. jeon to take, which she gladly obliged.

   jungkook sighed, watching as his parents exited the throne room, him following soon after. they walked down many hallways until finally reaching the front doors.

   the big golden doors were heard shutting as the trio entered the oversized room. the entry hall, in all its glory, seemed more dull today. none of the antiques mrs. jeon had bought, and had manually polished to where they shine so bright, could make the atmosphere brighter.

   jungkook furrowed his brows, the look of confusion was obvious on his perfect features. he wondered for a while, until his gaze landed on a familiar person. his once happy thoughts of winning the crown had vanished from his mind as he set eyes on the prince in front of him.

   jungkook looked at prince kim from head, all the way to his formal dress shoes. his blue jacket went uniformly with his white trousers. his accents, also gold, like jungkook's.

   jungkook could feel taehyung staring back at him, a blush creeping its way onto his cheeks as he quickly looked away. mrs. jeon cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the two princes. "prince kim, it is my honor to welcome you to our beloved home. i'm sure my jungkook here will see to it that you get all you need." she acknowledged him with a bow, him returning it.

   "i thank you, mrs. jeon," taehyung's deep voice made jungkook's legs weak. "your son looks like the nurturing type, all right. and might i say, he's a fine prince himself. must have gotten it from his mother's genes." this causes a giggle to emit from mrs. jeon, her hand covering her mouth in the process.

   jungkook was frozen, taehyung had this deep voice that could entrance any person in the kingdom, not to mention the compliment he gave jungkook. his mother and father seemed oblivious to the obviously flustered prince in the room, and no it's not taehyung.

   jungkook didn't notice taehyung had made his way from his mother to him, until he was right in front of the younger. taehyung bowed at a slight angle, "salutations, jeon. you're a sure win for the crown." jungkook's heart fluttered for a moment, but that moment didn't last long. taehyung leaned close to jungkook's ear, so close jungkook could feel his warm breath traveling down his neck. "but not if i have the perfect opportunity to knock you down."

   taehyung backed away from jungkook, a wicked smile resting upon his lips. jungkook gulped, fear evident in his big doe eyes. he looked behind him, no guard at the door. he was about to make a dodge for it, when a stronge hand gripped his shoulder. "don't even think about it, jungkook. if i have to suffer through this, so do you." it was his father.

   jungkook leaned in close to his fathers ear, whispering as quietly as he could. "i can't stay, he might kill me."

   jungkook's father chuckled. "he's too kindhearted for that."

   "i thought you hated him?"

   "oh, i most certainly do, without a doubt. i just said he's kindhearted, not smart."

   jungkook was about to push his questions further, but was interrupted by his mother clearing her throat. jungkook turned to look at his mother, her hand on her hip and a smirking taehyung behind her.

   "ahem, jungkook. please show taehyung to the room he'll be staying in. i'm positively sure it's the one right next to yours." his mother smiled, the kind of smile that said 'you better do it or no dinner for you'.

   jungkook sighed, "come on, taehyung." he trudged his way out of the entry hall, taehyung following behind him. it took them less than five minutes to make it up three flights of stairs, almost near jungkook's room. jungkook wanted to be in his room so bad, the door locked. because in his room; no mom, no rules, no taehyung.

   jungkook just turned a corner when he felt a hand wrap around his waist, pulling him into a hard and toned chest. he shrieked in fear but his mouth was covered by a large hand.

   "shh, bunny boy, you'll get us caught."