excuse me, officer {III}

jungkook made it to the cafe in no time, after having a mental panic attack over the way taehyung's voice sounded so smooth and velvety through the phone. he almost got a hard-on just thinking about it. keyword, "almost". he couldn't have a boner during a job interview, even though he was ninety-nine percent sure that he was going to get the job.

he walked through the glass doors of the building, the bell at the top jingling a little, as a sign that someone was entering. immediately, jungkook felt two arms wrapped around his small frame, basically squeezing the life out of him. "jin hyung!"

the older and taller of the two only chuckled, continuing to suffocate the younger, "how dare you not visit me in forever!? you know how worried i was!? i thought you were arrested! or worse, dead!" jin rambled on and on about how the younger was in so much trouble for not keeping contact with him lately.

he finally released his death grip on the small male, stepping back to take in his appearance. "my my, what a lovely boy you've grown to be! i'm surprised how taehyung hasn't destroyed your ass yet!" jungkook blushed a deep shade of crimson. jin was one of the only people who knew jungkook's true feelings for the officer that arrested him for the first time, two years ago.

jungkook playfully smacked jin's arm, "it's not like that, he's not into me that way." jin scoffed, jungkook giving him a confused look.

"have you not noticed the way he looks at you? even the night he pulled you over and i was in the car with you, it was obvious he was checking you out! you blind child!" jungkook stared at jin in amazement.

"y-you really think so?"

"i know so!!" jin practically screamed at him, earning weird looks from the customers who were quietly enjoying their food. "sorry everyone! my baby's just in love!" jungkook covered his cheeks to hide his blushing face. it didn't work, as people were saying 'aww' while looking at the male.

"hyung! that's embarrassing!" jin chuckled and walked to the back do they could continue their conversation in private.

"but it's true. do something about it," jungkook looked like a lost kitten. jin sighed, aggressively grabbing jungkook's shoulders and shaking him with no mercy, "make a goddamn move!!"

"i have no moves," jungkook said, jin muttering an 'obviously'. "but that's not what i came here for. i was wondering if i could get a job? i got kicked out of my apartment, and taehyung is letting me stay with him til i-"

"what!?" jin yelled, catching the younger off guard. "you two are sleeping together, aren't you!?"

"no, he's making me stay in the guest room." jungkook pouted, and it didn't go unnoticed by the older.

"well, to answer your first question, yes you can have a job. how does nine to four sound?" jungkook nodded, agreeing that's good. "and secondly, you know what i would do if i were you?" jungkook shook his head. "when it's late, and you're sure he's fast asleep, sneak into his bed with him."

"what!? he might literally kill me!"

"you do not yell at your hyung like that! respect your elders!" jin yelled at the younger while smacking his head. the younger winced and mumbled a small 'sorry'. "as i was saying, just crawl into bed with him, then make sure to leave before he wakes up."

"but-

"and if you don't do it, you're fired." jin smiled sweetly at jungkook, jungkook's mouth was agape. "i'm serious."

after a lot more bickering, along with jungkook getting hit in the head, the two finally bid their goodbyes. jin once again apologized to the customers eating, telling them how his baby was in love.

jungkook walked out of the small cafe, getting into his car. he started the car, getting ready to pull out when his phone started vibrating in his pocket. he groaned in annoyance before absentmindedly answering the call. "who the hell is this?"

"that's no way to speak to the person who's literally putting a roof over your head."

jungkook froze at taehyung's deep voice, sounding smooth and velvety even over the phone. "i-i'm sorry, i didn't see the contact name."

taehyung chuckled, "it's alright, are you done with the interview yet?"

"yes, actually. though, it was more of an argument than an interview. jin hyung kept yelling at me because i didn't talk to him that much these past few months."

he heard taehyung sigh from the other line, "that's jin hyung for you. anyways, are you on your way home?"

"yes," jungkook said as he started to drive, which could be heard from taehyung's side.

"are you driving while talking on the phone, young man?" jungkook tensed, he forgot he was talking to a police officer.

"n-no," he lied, trying to sound convincing.

"you know, there are rules to keep people safe, jungkook. and the rules that are broken, come with consequences." jungkook felt like he could feel taehyung smirking.

"so? it's not like i can't do two things at once," jungkook said, turning the corner down taehyung's street.

"the rules are there to prove that you shouldn't do two things at once. take driving while drinking, the two don't mix well together. that's why, you aren't allowed to drive while intoxicated." jungkook rolled his eyes.

"well, i'm almost home anyway. plus, i'm not drunk." jungkook scoffed.

"not yet, bunny boy. not yet," and with that, taehyung hung up on the younger. jungkook sighed when he pulled up to the house, getting out of his car and walking up the front steps. he opened the door, being greeted by minnie tackling him down and licking all over his face.

he giggled and got up, walking upstairs to see taehyung coming out of the bathroom. "you know, jungkook, you broke a rule today."

jungkook rolled his eyes, "so?"

"so," taehyung said, taking slow strides towards the younger, "rule-breakers must be punished."

--

hi so i feel incredibly stupid, and there's no??reason??why??

anyway, hope you like it 💜