campfire {I}

what is this shit??

--

"once upon a time, in a little town, lived two little kids. the two little kids absolutely loved to eat food, even as a hobby-"

"okay, that is not how you tell a scary story."

"as if you could do better," jimin scoffed at the older while rolling his eyes.

"i probably could," taehyung said shrugging, placing his focus back on the fire in front of him. the two males were currently sat around a campfire, accompanied by four other males. the six of them had a long day of walking and wandering around, followed by many tree branches to the face.

"then, do it." with a sigh, taehyung cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"listen closely, and pay attention, i won't repeat this. keep your mouth closed and your focus on me, and take in every word i say-"

"this is already lame."

"would you shut the hell up?" jin spat as he smacked jimin on the back on the head with his hand. jimin winced and reluctantly nodded.

"thank you, hyung. now, as i was saying before i was so rudely interrupted," he glanced over at jimin. "have you ever heard the story of the camping trip that went wrong?" the other five shook their heads. "it was one day in late september, leaves had fallen from trees and covered the ground. there was a breeze, not a strong one, but not a gentle one either. a young boy and his parents went out on a nature hike, just to enjoy the scenery they never got to see in the city."

"the young boy was as curious as ever, finding every single thing he came across to be astonishing. but, as everyone knows, curiosity can get the best of everyone at times, this just happened to be one of the worst times. when they were walking down a trail, deep in the woods, he saw a pretty blue bird in an open meadow. he wandered off from the trail, going towards the bird. with every step he took towards the bird, it took a few hops away."

"it went on like that for, i don't know, maybe, twenty minutes. by then, the boy had followed the bird even deeper into the thickets of trees and bushes. he had gotten farther from their campsite and off the trail he had started on. it wasn't until his parents got back to their tent, that they noticed a certain little boy wasn't with them. they went back down the trail they came from, calling out his name and looking behind any trees and bushes in case he was just trying to play a game with them."

"it went on for an hour, then an hour turned into two, then two turned into three. and, before they knew it, they had been searching for seven hours. the mother was the first to return to their campsite after the two split up to cover more ground. she cried and she screamed, begging for whoever took her son to give him back. her husband was quick to come to her side, telling her that they would find him soon."

"eventually, they called the park ranger. they explained that their son had been missing for hours and that they had been walking on a trail, but didn't notice that he was gone until they got back. they described what he was wearing and what he looked like, showing him any pictures of their son that they had on them. the ranger sent out people to search for the young boy."

"as night fell, the people began to grow tired and said they'd start looking again the next morning. the parents protested but knew that they couldn't make them stay. the couple didn't sleep much that night, or the next few, for that matter. it had been five days since their son went missing, and every day, the mother began to lose hope. she finally came to the conclusion that their son was no longer alive."

"three weeks had passed, and the couple hadn't left the campsite. even though the mother lost hope of her child ever being found, the father was persistent. he was too stubborn to agree with his wife. he spent many nights, just walking around the woods in hopes of coming across the small boy. his hopes died down just as quick as they came when one of the ranger's men emerged from the trees, holding something wrapped in a dark blue blanket. he claimed that it was their son, and that he found the boy's body near a small stream."

"the news brought despair upon the couple. the wife broke down crying, and the husband blamed himself over and over. soon, the couple left the campground. they prepared a funeral for their son and mourned his death constantly."

"tae, this isn't even scary," jimin rolled his eyes, scoffing to himself. this caused taehyung to smirk and lean forward.

"jiminie hyung, the story's not the scary part," he started, the smirk never leaving his lips. "the only problem was, the dead body didn't belong to their son. it belonged to a young male, around the age of twelve, that had been lost. the son was never found, well, not by the parents. another couple with a slightly older son had found him on the side of the road one day. they took him in, raised him as if he was their own. they renamed him, but kept his last name the same."

"the two boys were inseparable, they did everything together. it was as if they were obsessed with each other. wherever the older son went, the younger always followed. there wasn't a moment that they were apart."

"so, what was the boy's name?" jin asked, anticipation was always one of his weaknesses.

"jeon jungkook," taehyung said.

"yes?"

the five other males let out screams of pure terror when they heard a voice from behind them. yoongi jumped onto hoseok and held onto him tightly, jimin and namjoon were both holding onto jin for dear life, while taehyung just sat there smirking. the five males stared at the brown haired boy with wide eyes and mouths wide open.

"hey, hyung?" the boy asked, taehyung hummed in response. "why don't you tell your friends how the story ends?" he asked, sitting on taehyung's lap while taehyung wrapped his arms around his slim waist.

"and the two boys would always be together, forever."

--

don't ask me what this is, because i have no idea.

also, school is an interesting place, but please let me drop out.

dkskkssk and please read MinnieSeoyn's writings because they are great ❤❤

have a nice day