the art of doctoring {I}

jungkook walked in through the glass double doors of the building, being greeted by the receptionist at the front desk. "good morning, mr. jeon," she said while twirling a strand of hair around her finger. he gave her a slight nod and proceeded walking down the long hallway.

he walked passed many rooms, all of them having the same plain white doors. some doors were opened, revealing either a patient laying on their bed or looking out the window. one woman was sitting at a small table in the corner of her room, putting together a jigsaw puzzle while looking content. jungkook smiled at that, knowing someone could be so calm in a hospital.

he walked into a small room, closing the door behind him. sitting his bag on the counter, he slipped off his black winter jacket and replaced it with his white doctor's coat. a sigh escaped passed his lips as he sat down on a stool at the small table next to the window. his patients' documents and files were scattered in front of him.

a small knock on the door made him stand up abruptly, smoothing out his clothes before going to open the door. on the other side, he saw a middle-aged woman holding a box. "hello, may i help you?" jungkook asked.

the woman looked up at him with her brown eyes and held the box out to him, "i was told to give this to you." jungkook took the box from her hands, "have a nice day, dr. jeon." not giving jungkook time to respond, the woman made her way down the hallway at a fast pace, disappearing around the corner.

with a confused expression, jungkook stepped back inside his room, closing the door with his foot. he set the box down on the table, sitting in the chair. he looked at the note taped to the top of the box.

"a gift from me to you, my appreciation for all that you've done and accomplished so far.'

—k.t.h

his brows furrowed in confusion and curiosity. he placed the note aside, opening the box with eagerness. at the top was a layer of packaging peanuts.

the things people will go through to keep their things from breaking, he thought as he dug to the bottom of the box. at the bottom, he felt the smooth surface of a photo frame. he pulled it out carefully, laying the flat object onto the table.

he stared at it with astonishment. it was a painted portrait of no one other than jeon jungkook himself. multiple colors surrounded the figure in the painting, all of them centering the person in the middle.

at the bottom of the frame, there was an engraved note. it was carved with such craftsmanship, it looked like calligraphy.

"hope you like this, you're a very unique specimen yourself.'

--k.t.h

jungkook felt the sides of his lips tugging into a small smile. he took the painting, setting in on the counter next to the operating table. he placed the box underneath the table and sat back down in his chair.

a soft knock sounded from his door. he sighed, standing up and once again making his way to the door. a doctor's work is never done, he thought as he pulled the door open, seeing the reception holding a clipboard and still twirling her hair around her finger.

"hey, jungkookie," jungkook mentally cringed at her high-pitched voice.

"ms. jun, please, this is a place of business, not a dating website." she gave him a small glare but he was unfazed by it.

"whatever. your eleven o'clock is here," she motioned to the man standing next to her. jungkook had to do a double-take.

the man was tall, obviously spent a good amount of his time outdoors, hinting his gorgeously tanned skin. his hair was the color of chocolate, it looked so soft.

"please come in, uh-" jungkook didn't know his name.

"kim, kim taehyung," the man's voice made jungkook's knees weak.

"taehyung. you can have a seat on that table over there." taehyung nodded and did as told. as he walked by jungkook, the young doctor smelled a sort of sweet smell from his patient. kind of like cinnamon, but that wasn't it.

jungkook slipped on some cheap plastic gloves, and his surgical mask. only because it's mandatory.

"so, taehyung, what seems to be the problem?" he asked as he sat down on his stool.

"i have the back pain, not sure why." tehyung stated. jungkook nodded and wrote down on his clipboard. it went on like that for a while: jungkook asking questions, taehyung answering them, and jungkook writing down notes.

"alright, taehyung, i'm going to need you to remove your shirt for me. so i can look at your back, of course." taehyung nodded and began unbuttoning his shirt. jungkook was glad his was wearing a mask so taehyung couldn't see his mouth slightly agape.

jungkook wasn't going to lie, taehyung was hot. not just hot, very very attractive. jungkook couldn't help but stare at the now shirtless man in front of him. stop it, jungkook, this is gay, he told himself.

"please lie on your stomach and just relax." taehyung obliged and laid down, his arms crossed in from of him. jungkook came up to the side of the bed, gently pressing down on the higher portion on taehyung's back. "where exactly does it hurt?"

"towards the middle of my back," jungkook nodded and began pressing down on the middle of taehyung's back. taehyung let out a few groans, which to jungkook sounded like moans. jungkook turned a dark shade of red and tried to shake away any inappropriate thoughts.

jungkook saw taehyung had been staring off into the distance for a little while, slightly smiling to himself. probably thinking about his girlfriend, he thought.

"ah-" jungkook immediately stopped pressing down as taehyung slightly pushed himself up.

"w-what's wrong? did it hurt too bad?" taehyung chuckled, leaving jungkook confused. he merely shook his head, pointing at the painting jungkook had recieved earlier today.

"i see you got my present."

--

i'm alive hoes ^·^

i'm here, i'm queer, and i don't like the taste of beer--

that sounded bad, but i had no other rhymes

i SwEaR i'M nOt An AlCoHoLiC

anyways, hope you enjoyed :))