Chapter One

November

I take a deep breath as I peek out my eye, knowing that I've been sitting on the toilet for almost twenty minutes.

My heart plummets downwards as I see two little lines on the pee stick.

Fuck.

I check the other two that I took along with that one, all showing the same results.

Fuck.

I gingerly throw the sticks into my backpack, not wanting my hands to touch its end.

I gather my backpack and step out of the seven-eleven bathroom, seeing an angry woman tapping away impatiently as I step out.

I roll my eyes at the woman, not really caring how long she had to wait to use the restroom.

I think of how the three little sticks in my bag are going to turn around my entire world, seeing empathetic eyes from the cashier as I walk out.

This has to be some fucked up prank, I'm too young to have a child. Christine get your shit together, this is what happens when you sleep with random people at parties.

Fuck me...

I will not cry.

I will myself not to cry.

I did this to myself.

My parents, very conservative Christians are bound to throw me out, disown me. I have no doubt about it. But then who do I have?

No friends. No family. And the father? The father is the person most likely to pretend to have never met me after this.

A million emotions hit me during my walk home, the one pounding at my head is the fact that I'm starving.

I see a small diner across the street, my stomach growling as I make my way towards the doors.

I take a seat in an open booth as a waitress passes me a menu, the diner unusually quiet with a small amount of people here.

I take several minutes to look over the menu, every sweet thing popping out as if it were calling my name.

Is it normal to be extremely hungry? What do I do now? Doctors appointment clearly but then where do I go from there?

I'm fucked. Literally and figuratively.

"Christine?" I hear a voice behind me and I cringe. Destiny, famously known as one of his play things.

I glance down at my stomach, closing my eyes for a brief second and imagining the flash of hazel eyes that got me into this mess.

"Hey, Destiny," I muster out a response, my voice sounding raspy from not using it for the past couple of hours.

"Why are you here all alone?" She asks and I have to fight back to not roll my eyes at her blunt question.

"Why can't I be?" I fight back and the aggressive tone I've taken seems to fly right over her head. I'm really not down for dealing with this bitch right now.

"I have friends coming here. Come sit with us," she offers and I go to decline, but am quickly cut off when she grabs my wrist and pulls me to a large booth in one of the far corners.

I quickly sit down, cut off from making any sort of excuse as the waitress comes around, asking if we'd like any appetizers while we wait.

I just order a small stack of pancakes to hold me off, not knowing how long Destiny's friends will be.