Chapter Eight

After a long day spent buying all sorts of maternity clothing and buying presents to everyone, I've found myself stressing about Rose's highly talked about father.

"He'll love you, stop stressing," Rose says with an eye roll, watching me stretch along her floor so I don't fidget.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and her father is coming home tomorrow.

"Aren't military men scary?" I ask, stretching my legs in front of me and desperately trying to reach for my toes which is definitely not going to happen.

"No," she answers with the shake of her head and a laugh.

"He's loving, yet strict. He's been home before since I've been pregnant, and mom updates him a lot whether it's through calls or she'll be old fashioned and write him letters. He will not hate you," she repeats and I nod, trying to convince myself as well.

I'm a random girl who is also pregnant in his house, he'll probably think I'm a bad influence on Rose.

I stretch my legs into middle splits, well as far as they could go and lean slightly forward. My favorite sweatpants are worn thin, my belly sticking out seeing as I'm only wearing a stretchy sports bra.

"You know, it might help to stretch with those aches you've been getting," I offer but she shakes her head, her bright red hair spilling around her as she lies down.

"I'd rather lay here for the rest of my pregnancy and never get up," she says and I laugh, standing up and laying down next to her.

"Well instead of being pregnant, after you give birth you'll just be fat," I say and she crinkles her nose, smacking me in the head with a pillow.

I shriek as I laugh and stick my tongue out at her.

"We have a doctors appointment in four weeks, and I can find out my gender. Do you think I should know or keep it a surprise?" Rose asks, and I turn my head to look over at her.

Her green eyes seem big, brighter than usual, a light of excitement shining through.

"I have a better idea. You should have a gender reveal party and a baby shower. So for your gender reveal, just have people super close and then for your baby shower invite everyone," I say, racking my brain for all the creative ways to reveal genders.

"Actually...I was thinking, do you want to have a joint baby shower. And gender reveal then?" She asks and my eyes go wide.

"Really?" I ask after a moment of silence. She nods her head with a smile and I begin to smile with her.

"Yes! Yes I would love to, thank you!" I exclaim, and she laughs.

"Good. Then we'll plan it together," she says and I nod.

"I was thinking for gender reveal-" I start but am cut off when the bathroom door connecting to Landon's room is thrown wide open.

Landon steps through, his light brown hair looking disheveled, his green eyes sparked with energy, much like Rose's.

"I heard gender reveal and just had to butt in. I've been googling different ideas so I want to contribute," Landon says, almost sounding like a die hard fan girl of gender reveal parties.

"Aren't you supposed to be out with friends?" Rose questions from beside me and Landon shrugs.

"I changed my mind."

"Humor me," I say, both of us slowly rolling over to watch as Landon comes to sit on the floor in front of us.

"I think we should do it with paint. You both wear white, and we splatter you with paint of your babies genders. Then I'll order a cake with the gender, and make the invitations since you two shouldn't be stressing. I also ordered T-shirt's that read 'expecting pregasaurus'" Landon says with a smile, finally taking a breather at the end.