Chapter Twenty-Eight

Today is the Fourth of July, and it perfectly happened to land on a Saturday. Support group was cancelled today as all the girls are going to come over anyway to celebrate the holiday.

Tomorrow I will officially be forty weeks, and Rose is almost two weeks past her due date. After tomorrow, she's going to have to be admitted to the hospital to see what's going on with the baby.

But today, we get to enjoy the holiday.

Just Incase, to be ready for anything, I've packed a diaper bag and hospital bag for both me and the babies, and Rose has too.

Just little necessities or things to make our visit more comfortable.

After my night with Landon last weekend, everything between us has heightened and it has only made us closer.

Lauri has whole heartedly loved the fact that we are together and takes pictures of us constantly despite our complaining.

The summer sun is already high out despite it only being ten in the morning.

I stretch and make my way towards the bathroom, careful not to wake Rose who was fast asleep beside me.

I walk through and into Landon's room, seeing his sleeping body turned to face the wall, his back moving with his relaxed breathing.

I lean over and plant multiple kisses on his cheek until he stirs awake, a smile growing on his face as his eyes land on me.

He's shirtless under his covers, and his light brown hair is a mop of a mess, but he couldn't look more handsome than he does in this moment.

His green eyes sparkle at me as he wraps his arm around my neck and pulls me down to give me morning kisses, despite the fact that we both have morning breath.

"Good morning beautiful," he says sleepily and I smile.

"Good morning my love," I say, standing up and making my way back towards the bathroom door.

"I call first shower," I say with a smirk and he groans as he disappears back under the covers. I chuckle as I close the bathroom doors and step into the shower.

After drying myself off, I dress myself in a white dress that has yellow sunflowers all over it, a pair of white flats to match.

Fruit sounds so good right now.

I put my hair into two high ponytails with two white bows in front of each ponytail. I brush my teeth as I also throw on deodorant, knowing well I'm not about to get BO with this summer heat.

I throw on some makeup, just a bit of blush and some mascara. As I finish, the bathroom door leading to Landon's room is thrown open, and Landon stands there with just a pair of gym shorts on and a bowl of fruit in his hands.

"You read my mind," I say with a smile and he shrugs with a cocky smirk.

"I'm just that good," he says and I roll my eyes and plant a kiss on his lips.

"Yeah yeah, now get in the shower," I say and smack his butt as he passes me. I walk back into the room I share with Rose and see she's still fast asleep.

I smack her butt and she rolls onto her other side to face me.

"Ow," she mumbles and I chuckle.

"Wakey wakey," I sing to her and she groans as she pushes herself up into a sitting position.

"You're literally so huge, it's crazy," she says and I nod in agreement while I rub my hands around my belly.

"It's like my belly can just detach and become a giant ball at this point," I say, earning a small laugh from her.