Chapter Twenty-Six

38 weeks, June

I am thirty-eight going on thirty-nine weeks pregnant and I've never been more nervous in my entire life.

Rose is exactly forty, almost forty-one and over her due date, which was June twenty-first. She's only a couple days over which isn't too bad.

But in order to speed up the process, she's been going on walks and doing what the doctors keep recommending.

And I want nothing more than to meet my babies and get them out of there, mostly because of all the pain and irritation they're causing my body.

The movies about pregnancy are bullshit. I'm here to burst any bubble anyone has about the perfect pregnancy. News flash world, it doesn't fucking exist.

They don't tell you about all the crazy discharge going on down there, or how much spotting actually really goes on. Or the fact that yeah, we get great hair and big boobs, but it bites us back in the ass in the end.

My ankles and feet have swelled so much that I just keep resorting to sandals, I can't stand wearing tight shoes now.

My belly is really itchy sometimes in which I've gotten a cream to rub onto it, I pee every two seconds and I can barely sleep at night because no matter what I do, I'm always uncomfortable. I also get small contractions, but I've become adjusted as they aren't an everyday thing and it has only increased this week since I am inching closer and closer to my due date.

The only thing I'm glad I don't have to deal with is leaky boobs, which Rose unfortunately has to deal with. She now wears pads with hers because it soaks up the liquids.

Rose and Grayson have been mending their relationship very well surprisingly. Grayson had stepped up tremendously, showing how ready he was to be a dad. Which also doesn't stop his endless flirting with Rose in hopes to win her back over.

Grayson is slowly growing onto Rose, especially because her "thing" with Sam didn't end up working out. Sam decided he wasn't ready for the "baby daddy" life as he put it.

Grayson and Rose's relationship is good and they've slowly become extremely great friends. They work well together and coparenting won't be a problem for them.

The three of us constantly hang out together at school, making it a lot easier to ignore the harsh stares we receive.

But school is now out for the summer, seeing as we got out on June seventh. And hallelujah, I only have one more year of it.

Landon and I continue to grow in our relationship together everyday, and my love for him with it. He continues to show me how much he loves me and how much he's ready to be a dad.

And I couldn't have asked for anyone better to love and to be with for what I hope is forever.

Our date for our first time is slowly coming as well, it officially being on my thirty-nine weeks. I feel more excited for that than for actually being a week closer to birth.

Lauri and the twins continue to be the family I have always loved and needed. They continue to paint on my belly, to cherish and love me as they have since the moment I walked through the door.

We've been having more family game nights and movie nights, and I have come to cook with Lauri almost every night for the past six weeks, her teaching me every little recipe she could that night.

I had visited Dominic's family, learning that they had only recently found out about my situation and had gotten mad at Dominic for the way he treated me.

We had expressed our grief together and it formed a bond between me and his family.

They had talked to me about keeping me in their lives and having their grandchildren in their lives, in which I told them of course they could.