Chapter Twenty-Seven

39 weeks, June

June twenty-eighth. Today is the day. My day with Landon.

I feel like I've been sweating nervously all day.

It's four thirty in the afternoon, and I've been out all morning with Rose, and not supposed to return until six.

Earlier this morning Landon woke me up to get ready and shoo me out of the house. I had showered, but shaving proved to be hard as I couldn't see most of what I was shaving because of my belly.

So after swallowing my pride, I had asked Rose for help and we spent a good half hour to an hour shaving every inch of my body for tonight.

Then I had dressed myself in a cute maternity white sundress with blue flowers, my hair flowing down the bottom of my breasts in its natural curls.

I had styled it half up, half down, a white scrunchie holding up the top half of my hair.

Rose had taken me to the mall, getting us some nice Panda Express for lunch and shopping for ourselves and getting our nails done.

She is now officially one week past her due date, but the doctors don't seem too worried as she will probably go into labor any day now.

"I feel like I'm sweating off all of my makeup," I comment as we leave the Disney store at the mall.

"Why are you sweating so bad?" Rose questions as she leads me to a bed, bath and body works store.

"I'm so nervous for tonight," I reply and wipe my sweaty hands on my bare lower thighs.

"I can not even begin to imagine you and Landon doing...it," She shudders. I roll my eyes with a chuckle and she slaps me playfully.

"Rose, my big belly's going to get in the way! What do I do?" I ask with panic laced throughout my voice.

"I'm not about to tell you how to have sex with my brother," she says and chuckles when I groan in frustration.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. The only people who text me nowadays are Donna, Dominic's parents and the girls from the support group.

Landon's contact pops up on my phone and a smile grows on my face.

I'm done early, come home to me.

I squeal in excitement, but then my heart drops down to my butt. Oh shit, it's really going to happen.

"So mom and the twins are still out at the movies and dinner for the next like four hours and I'm going over to Grayson's after we drop you back off," Rose says coming up to me, but quickly stops upon seeing my face.

"What's wrong?" She asks and I just shove my phone towards her, showing her the text message Landon had just sent.

"Well let's go! I'll call Grayson to come get us," she says with a smile and I nod, desperately swallowing my saliva in attempts to clear my dry throat.

Within ten minutes, Grayson pulls up and gets Rose and I. The car ride is filled by the radio and Grayson and Rose chatting.

They both seem to notice my silence, so Grayson takes a small pause in their conversation to steer it towards me.

"You okay Chris?" He questions and I nod absentmindedly.

"She and Landon are having some special alone time tonight," Rose says, wiggling her eyebrows back at me.

I roll my eyes with a smile, turning my head to look out the window.

"Oh...first time? Well obviously not like your very first time...but I mean with Landon," Grayson says awkwardly and both Rose and I burst out into a fit of laughter.