Chapter Thirty

Early the following morning a large crowd had come into my room. All the girls from the support group, Dominic's parents, Donna and of course the twins and Lauri were all there. Landon stayed overnight and every night until we were able to go home.

We were discharged from the hospital on July 6th, Rose discharged the same day. We were told that we were perfectly healthy as well as our children being perfectly healthy.

It was the first time I got to see Rose since we had both gone into labor. I got to see her babygirl, my niece.

We all got to ride home, and were given our space as needed. Thankfully with all of the commotion, Landon took the time to move all of my belongings and clothing downstairs into my new bedroom.

Rose, not wanting to be away from me, had moved into the bedroom downstairs in the basement as well, allowing Rowan to take over her old room.

I've only been home for a day, it being Tuesday, July the seventh. Landon has been spending nights in my room with me, Lauri not seeing a problem with it as he's practically fathering my children.

Without him, raising twins would be hell. Within one day, it's fussing and pooping and crying and sleeping and waking me up at two in the morning.

They're lucky they're so damn cute.

I had just finished feeding them, thankful for the fact that I have two boobs, one for each baby. Now Landon and I stand across from each other in the nursery as we burp them.

A burping blanket is strung over each of our shoulders, him lightly bouncing Lana as she burps and I have Elijah in my arms.

They're fairly good babies, but knowing that any baby can only communicate by crying...well let's just say they got that part down.

Rose has brought in Cam to hang out with Landon and I while we parent as well.

Grayson has been here all hours of the day until he has to go home to sleep, but he seems like he can't get enough of his daughter or her mama.

"You have visitors," a voice rings out from the hall and I give Landon a wide eyed look.

We take the twins upstairs, Rose tagging along behind us as she walks out from her bedroom. We walk up the basement stairs to see the girls from the support group, each sporting their babies.

"Oh my goodness! Let me see those dumplings!" Sophie screams out and goes to look at Cameron. Lily wanders over to me and holds her son, Mason, up to see Elijah and Lana.

"You know, they're all going to grow up to be best friends," Lauri comments from the kitchens entryway with a smirk on her face.

I roll my eyes playfully, but smile in her direction.

That doesn't sound too bad.

•••

Flash forward a few months and here I am...laying on the floor looking like an idiot.

It's February and the twins are now seven months. Rose has taken Cameron out for the day with Grayson, and Rowan and Liam have gone with Lauri out grocery shopping.

Landon snoozes away on the couch, snoring softly as a deep sleep falls over him.

"That's it...crawl to mama," I say, seeing Elijah desperately trying to pick himself back up into a crawl position.

Lana beside him just stares in wonder as she's sitting up, wanting nothing more than to do the same.

Elijah moves on hand forward, a leg moving to follow. I grab the nearest plush toy next to me on the ground and throw it towards Landon.