Chapter Twenty

The support group had finished rather quickly after that, the topic of Landon being dropped once Sophie flashed a huge bedazzler on her ring finger.

Rose and I have been home for about an hour, the both of us listening to the soft music coming from Rose's phone as we do our homework at the dining table.

"Christine! Rose!" I hear a yell coming from the living room. I set down my pencil on my math homework, Rose doing the same as we make our way to the other room.

I see Landon standing at the door leading down to the basement, a look of excitement crossing his features.

"Close your eyes," he says as we make our way beside him.

We do as he says and he leads us one by one downstairs, until we're standing in a room, all three of us shoulder to shoulder.

"Okay open," he says and Rose and I open our eyes to see light grey walls all around. The twin crib that he had bought me is pushed up against a wall centered in the room, directly straight ahead of me.

A baby changing table that is also a dresser with cubbies is pushing up against a right wall, a sliding closet door opposite it on the left wall.

The furniture matches the walls, either being grey or white.

There's a small rack of toys neatly organized in the corner of the room, stuffed animals at the top.

One side of the crib has a baby pink color to it, blankets neatly made and a couple of Disney Princess stuffed toys in a corner with a decorative pillow.

Then on the other side separated by the wooden bar, has a baby blue color to it, blankets also made up. Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals are in the opposite corner with another decorative pillow.

Paintings that Landon did himself decorate the walls, even the stork mural painted with light colors near the baby's changing table.

Small birds take flight on another wall, but the space above the nursery left empty.

I stare in awe at everything and feel myself at a loss of words.

"The space above the babies beds is for their names. You haven't named them yet, but once you do I'm putting their names on the wall," Landon explains and I feel tears well in my eyes.

Before I can say anything, Landon leads us to the next room.

He throws open the door to reveal a white bedroom, the walls decorated with paintings of posters, Landon's handy work.

I stare in more awe at the wall directly opposite us. On the wall is a life size painting of Rose and I, hand in hand with bright smiles as if we were laughing at something.

They're so realistic, it's as if I was looking in a mirror. A queen size bed is centered and pushed against the right wall, facing the left wall.

A tv is mounted against the left wall, and there are pictures framed all around the room. A dresser is pushed against a wall, a door connected to a walk in closet.

But then, there is an addition to the room. An add on, as if there was another room connected but no door.

How some houses have another room connected to theirs that are used as offices and such.

And in that room is also bare white walls but bright pink flowers are painted all around the room.

A big bush with flowers all along it is painted right above a white bassinet in a corner.

There is a small little pink tent in the opposite corner of the room. Another rack like the one in the other nursery holds many girlish toys, stuffed animals also at the top.