Chapter Eleven

Rose ended up bringing Lauryl upstairs to our room with the help of the boys to go unnoticed. Once she had regained consciousness, Rose called her a cab and she went home.

I haven't spoken to Rose since then, and that was about an hour ago.

Landon and his friends have been keeping me occupied, amazed at how quickly I had knocked her out and if I had gotten into fights before.

I admitted I have, most of them resulting just as the one outside had. We now sit on the couch, our conversation going unnoticed by the adults mulling around.

"Do you think she's mad at me?" I ask, glancing up the stairs hoping to see Rose coming down. But she doesn't, and I assume is still hiding in the room upstairs.

"No, probably more than grateful. I'm sure she's just on the phone with Lauryl trying to calm her," Landon says, rubbing my shoulder affectionately.

I smile at him in gratitude, leaning against his shoulder. Matt stares at us with a questioning expression, and Sam starts on about this hot new girl at his job.

Landon rolls his eyes every once and awhile as Matt sighs, Sam not taking the hint that nobodies interested in knowing. I tune out most of the conversation, not able to help myself from staring at the staircase.

The second I see a head full of bright red hair and a pair of green eyes lock with mine, I shoot up from the couch.

"I'll be back," I mutter, Landon nodding out of the corner of my eye.

I scramble upstairs, going into Rose's bedroom seeing as she disappeared in there.

I open the door to see Rose sitting on the bed, her head snapping up when I come in, closing the door behind me.

I go and sit beside her, both of us staying silent for several minutes.

"Rose I am so sor-" I start but she quickly cuts me off.

"When Landon said all those things, about Lauryl, I refused to believe them. I wanted to keep my old life before I got pregnant so bad so I ignored what he said," she starts, still staring down at her lap.

"I ignored what he said until she started targeting you and trying to fight you. While you were pregnant too! Dumbass...I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I shouldn't have brought her here in the first place. If she had hurt you in anyway, I would've been so upset with her and myself," she says, shaking her head and she looks up at my with glossy eyes.

"I'm just lucky you know how to swing a good punch. She will never bother us again, because anyone should know better than to mess with my best friend," Rose says, and I smile down at her.

"Thank you," I say, as she embraces me into a hug. We break apart and stand up, ready to join back into the party.

"But I am sorry for punching her in the face in front of you. Feels like the most exciting thing we've seen since we can't get out much," I say with a chuckle as she laughs.

We make our way out of the bedroom and down the stairs, my eyes shooting around to find Landon and his group of goons.

I spot them near the front door, all circled around a fourth member who seems to have gotten here. Rose and I make our way through the party over to them.

The circle opens up as Landon's hand snakes around my waist again, pulling me close to him as Rose pushes her way into the circle too.

A girl stares back at me and glances down at Landon's hand, then back up at me. She has pale skin that looks like it glitters, thick dark brown hair that's straight as a stick that runs past her shoulders, a shit ton of makeup on her face but I can't help but admire how pretty it looks. A picture perfect smile graces her features and I can't help but scrunch up my nose as my eyes glance down and notice her incredibly flat belly.