Chapter Five

I yawn and stretch, sunlight peeking through the window of Rose's room. The bed on the floor extremely comfy as I have layer after layer beneath me, a pillow as fluffy as cotton candy underneath my head.

After Landon's little visit, I had waited for Rose to go downstairs and watch a movie with her family. I ended up falling asleep during it somehow and woke up here in her room.

I sit up, knowing my small bob of black curls must look like a rats nest. My nicely tanned skin looking olive in the sunlight, almost like the perfectly browned marshmallow.

I look around the room, seeing Rose's empty bed made up tight, a humming coming from the bathroom.

I slowly get up and make my small bed on the floor the best I can. My stomach growls, telling me this never ending hunger will not go away.

I wander over to the snacks Landon had brought me, scouring for what seems good at this moment. I lick my lips at the sight of the sour skittles and my stomach growls once again, feeling a pull towards the candy.

Sour kick to the morning it is.

Just as I shovel a handful into my mouth, I get a sudden want to do my stretch routine I had memorized in school from dance.

I make my way out to the loft of the upstairs, having lots of space to do a five to ten minute stretch routine. After I'm stretched out, I make it back to the bedroom, breaking out into a light sweat.

The bathroom door opens and Rose steps out dressed in a cute blue sweater and dark black jeans, ready for the day.

"Good morning. Get ready because we've got a long day ahead of us. Landon's going to run us by seven-eleven and then we've got a doctors appointment at noon, then I'm getting you that job as promised," Rose says and I can feel my heart beating heavily.

I quickly jump into the shower, savoring the water and fresh scents of soaps and body washes. I step out, smelling freshly of strawberries and my hair coming out in its natural curls at my shoulders.

I step in front of the mirror and examine my body. Wow, you're showing. I really haven't seen my body since I found out I actually was pregnant.

I mean sure, I knew I was gaining weight, but I haven't really seen it.

My stomach sticks out and my abs that I've worked hard for in dance are now gone. It's not a lot, but it's there. Silly, since I can't be more than two months pregnant.

I sigh and lightly rub it, a small smile appearing on my face. I wonder, boy or girl?

I shake my head, throwing on a black turtle neck. Suddenly it seems too tight on me, suffocating almost. I slip it off and decide I'll go find another shirt.

I walk back into the room with a towel, Rose laying on her back reading a novel up in the air.

I grab a purple hoodie, one that'll be so baggy it won't bother me at all. I go back into the bathroom and change into it, feeling much more comfortable than before.

I then grab my pair of favorite jeans I had packed with me, slipping them on. I instantly become annoyed when my button doesn't seem to want to button.

I can't be that big already! Why won't these just button?

I sigh in frustration and slip them off, not caring about walking into Rose's room with just undies covering my bottom.

Rose glances over and chuckles.

"Having trouble?" She asks, seeing as this is the second time I've come in.