Chapter Sixteen

Landon's hand dances circles around my enlarged belly, his arm draped lazily over my waist. We lay on his bed in his shaded room, the house eerily quiet as everyone is gone to the park.

Rose had gone out grocery shopping with Lauri while the Rowan and Liam went to play with the Parker boys at the park.

The support group was cancelled today seeing as they all wanted to get ready for the party, everyone being invited, even Alyssa.

We definitely have taken this to our advantage as Landon and I are now spooning on his bed, listening to the rhythm of our heart beats.

"Are you excited for later today?" Landon asks and I nod with a growing smile. I slowly turn around and Landon moves me so I am now straddling his hips, sitting up on him as he lays beneath me.

He places his hands on the sides of my stomach, holding me in place firmly.

I bend down and begin to kiss him, his hands slipping underneath my large T-shirt and up the sides of my body.

I shudder beneath his touch and pull away, deciding to continue the conversation.

"I can't wait to see the gender...are you actually...I don't know how to talk about this," I mutter awkwardly, running a hand through the top of my hair.

"How are you so okay with this?" I ask, answering the questioning look in his eyes.

"With what?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"With this, with me having babies, with me not even being eighteen for another year. For you being in college and being with your sister's best friend. Do you think you could actually be there and take care of us?" I ask and a look of hurt crosses his face, and I regret my choice of words.

"I want to be there for you. I've known you for a couple of months now, don't I deserve some credit Christine? If this works out between us, I want to be there for you and the babies, to be by your side and help raise them, and to love you and them as if they were my own," Landon says and I huff out in irritation.

"But I'm not even out of high school, I don't have anywhere else to go. Rose is going to be pissed, and this...us, we've only been happening for a couple of months...we're not in love, we're not married. I'm just a kid and so are you, saying you're ready to commit to taking care of three more," I say, angry now at the situation playing against me in my head.

He can't take care of me, he still lives at home in college and has to pay for that and focus on himself. He can't say he'll commit to me after a couple months.

I can see him battling his inner thoughts before sighing and rubbing at his eyes.

"Can we please talk about this another time, and just enjoy today, right here right now?" He asks and places his hands back on my tummy.

I sigh but before I can say anything I freeze, my stomach seeming to jump in excitement as if trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh my god," Landon says and I smile, suddenly forgetting every word that was just said.

"They just kicked!" I scream, moving my hands to the front of my stomach.

It stops and I frown, looking down for any more signs of my stomach moving.

"Talk again," I demand and he gives me a questioning look.

I deadpan at him and his eyes widen in realization.

"Oh...um...hi?" He says and I just about facepalm at how stupid he is sometimes. But before I can move once more, my stomach starts pushing against the skin, and I exclaim in astonishment.