Chapter Fifteen

20 weeks, February

I have now been living with the woods for twelve weeks, almost three months. And now...I can finally find out the gender.

Landon has been coordinating for our gender reveal, and we have now decided that it be this weekend, the weekend of me being twenty weeks and Rose being twenty-two.

We continue to work our jobs at the diner, and I've actually started to save up quite a bit of money. I have now started school with Rose, not making any friends for myself as I have stuck by Rose throughout the day and do a lot of catch up classes that a lot of kids don't actually take.

It is now after school, and Lauri waves goodbye as she peels down the street full of snow even though its mid February.

Rose and I walk hand in hand through the door into our support group, gaining the attention of the chatting, very pregnant girls. We all have gotten much bigger, and even though I wasn't as far along as everyone else before, I am now much bigger than some of them.

I now wear my maternity clothes, a light blue fuzzy sweater and a pair of leggings with snow boots, my black hair bouncing at my shoulders.

"Holy shit, you're huge," Valerie exclaims and I smile towards her and embrace her in a hug.

Besides Rose, Valerie and I have gained a strong friendship, even though we don't see each other outside of the support group...which makes me wonder why now.

"Perks of having twins," I say with a light laugh and Mollie wanders over to us with wide eyes.

Lily bursts through the door into the room, holding a giant tray of cupcakes even though there's only eight of us in the room.

"Guess who's birthday is today bitches," she exclaims and we all holler as she dances her way into the room.

Alyssa, the woman who is in charge of our support group, watches us in amusement as we all dance around with Lily, who is now sixteen. We sing happy birthday to her very loudly, and laugh as we all engulf her in hugs and conversation.

We all sit around, taking a cupcake and digging in. I take two just for good measurement and quickly devour both.

"Okay ladies, today is a very exciting day as we all can tell. But let's start with an update, Lily you can start," Alyssa says and Lily gives everyone a wide smile.

"My boyfriend and I have both been working jobs, and by the time I'm eighteen, we agreed to move out together. I am having a baby boy, and we're going to name him Mason," she exclaims, passing an ultrasound picture around for everyone to see and we all ooh and awe at the sight.

"And...I have been clean now for three months today," she says and shows everyone her wrists. Scars decorate her skin up and down, but they're all healed scars, none that are new and fresh or scabbed.

We all cheer for her and her cheeks turn a deep crimson red.

"Well as you all know, I am past my due date and my little boy seems to never want to come out. So tomorrow they're going to admit me to the hospital and see what's going on and keep me admitted until after I have him. My boyfriend has finished our nursery for him and we just want to meet him now," Sophie says with a smile. Her stomach is bigger than anyone's in the room, yet she is still dolled up the fullest.

"We're having a gender reveal party soon actually, so that's why Christine and I don't know our genders yet. We're having it this Saturday after the support group and you're all invited to come. Um...I still work at the diner and we slowly continue to buy baby furniture to prepare for the nursery. My mom has cleared out the basement and began to build three extra rooms down there, for Christine, the babies and one for me if I decide I want more room. And if I'm having a boy, I'm naming him Charlie, but if it's a girl, then I'm naming her Cameron," Rose says with a shrug.