Chapter Seven

12 Weeks, December

"Rose, am I fat or am I chubby?" I ask, my eyes never leaving my stomach in the mirror.

"You're pregnant," she answers with a laugh. I have grown incredibly from being just eight weeks at thanksgiving to twelve.

My babies are now rounding my belly.

A lot of my old clothes don't fit me unless they're baggy or stretchy, Lauri telling me that we're going to go maternity shopping once winter break hits. Which it now finally has, as this coming week and the two after that we have off for Christmas and New Year.

I can hardly contain my excitement around the household about my favorite holiday, as it's already December twenty-second. Just three more days until Christmas!

About a week ago we had gone and bought a Christmas tree, decorating it with an endless amount of ornaments and Rowan had put a bright star at the top. The entire house was decorated from head to toe in Christmas decor, from the tree, to blow up scenes on the lawn, to random little wreaths and things around the house. Lauri definitely likes to go all out.

Figuring I still need my high school diploma to get a decent job, I begged Lauri to allow me to do online schooling, which was fairly easy to enroll in.

Rose still attended public school with Rowan and Liam, though she claims she's barely having any problems with the kids that go there. Even though she's been showing now too.

I seem to show a lot more than she does, even though she's due earlier than me and at fourteen weeks, while I'm at twelve. Result of having twins I guess.

I started my job at a diner with Rose, the owners being a very lovely couple who allowed us to work as much as we needed, knowing we needed the money. They gave us this upcoming week off since it's the week of Christmas. I've even gotten my paycheck and tried to help Lauri with some costs but she made me keep it all to myself.

The twins can not get enough of my stomach, and think it's so funny to paint on it. They'll change it up every chance they get, drawing things like matching mustaches, a little devil and angel, food, faces, or even random words.

Although, Rowan and Liam have shed a new light of twins for me. I see how well Lauri handles them and how loving they are, and it puts me at ease to be around them.

Rose and I have become much closer over the past four weeks, feeling a sense of my true self returning. I now sleep in the bed with her, my back aching too much to sleep on the floor.

She's become my best friend in the span of a month, but I feel confident in our friendship.

We make jokes and also have serious talks, especially considering we're in the same situation.

Landon and I have also bonded a lot over the past four weeks. Especially during Rose's long showers. I find myself wandering into his room more and more, chatting about random things and even playing, more like learning to play, video games.

He pops up to talk to Rose and I a lot more often, and even treats me as his friend, rather than his sibling's friend.

The only time he's gone is to go hang out with some boy's known as the Parker's and a girl named Jessica.

Not to mention he's been gone a lot more recently with his college classes, but since his college is so close he's home right after.

He's even started this thing, taking a picture of my stomach every week, telling me it'll be worth it to see the difference in the end.

I still speak to Donna, telling her every little piece of news and she just eats it up. I've even gone to visit her a couple of times during her shifts at seven-eleven, Rose always tagging along with me.