Chapter Two

What happened next was a blur. A blur of vomit and questions and pitiful hazel eyes.

The whole scene just continued to play in my mind at a rapid speed. Him begging me to tell him it wasn't his, me confirming that it was, and him giving up, forcing me to go home.

So here I am, in his car.

The heat is blasting to fight off the winter snow outside and I feel a slight sweat coming on, taking off my scarf to release my hair onto my neck, knowing it's short enough to barely touch my shoulders.

Even with my light brown skin, I'm sure a slight pink is coming on.

I glance over, his face hard as stone, focused on the icy road in front of us.

Dominic won't stay with me. He's the school's playboy, sleeping with every girl he can, drinking every night away at any party he can find.

He won't give up that life to help a girl he considers a toy and her helpless child.

"Dom-" I start but he sighs and pulls over harshly, interrupting me.

"Christine shut up," he says and I bite my tongue. Now he just seems plain angry, which makes me angry. It's not like I asked him to stick his dick up in me and release a baby into it.

I can't even remember doing it with him. Just the aftermath of waking up beside him, with no clothes and no dignity left.

I look out the window to see we've arrived at my house, wondering how the hell he knew how to get here.

"I sleep with your sister a lot," Dominic says, as if he could tell what I was thinking. I feel disgusted and on the verge of crying again.

"Of course you do," I mutter with the roll of my eyes, my exterior showing as if nothing can affect or hurt me.

"So what now?" I ask, internally crossing my fingers in hopes there's a sliver of a good person in him, someone who will stay and support and learn to love me.

"You leave me alone. I don't want any part of this. And you can't tell anyone it was mine. I'll pay child support, I'll do whatever you want me to. Just never, ever contact me again. Do you understand?" He says, yet I don't really hear him.

His words seem to blur, and all I can think of is how sad I feel. Sadness for my unborn baby and the fact that it won't have a father.

He's leaving me. The boy I never had is leaving me. Why could I think he'd do any differently? Of course he wouldn't stay, he doesn't even know you Christine.

Why am I being so venomous towards myself? Jesus.

But that's also a lie, he does know me. He's known me since we were in diapers, not great friends but I knew he had my back when I needed it in school. We were flirts with one another, and I considered him at least a friend.

He knows the things I like and don't like, because I notice he would slyly pay attention to those things as we grew up, side by side yet apart.

"Christine, do you fucking understand?" I hear him repeat, leaning over and staring into my eyes. I zone back into what's happening in front of me, my heart slowing down from its rapid pace.

Not finding words for myself, I just simply nod, and walk out of the car to the other side of the drivers window.

"I'll text you when child support is due," is all I say, before turning around and making my way up the steps to my house.

My house sits large and alone, a warm glow coming from inside. The night air nips at me, but I already feel numb.

I feel his gaze staring into my back, but I don't dare turn around. I am strong, and I can do this. I will not abandon this baby. I don't believe in that.