Chapter Twenty-Two

I quickly step outside, shutting the door behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I question and he glances between my face, my huge boobs and then my stomach the size of the party balloons inside.

"I needed to see you," Dominic pleads and I narrow my eyes at him as I cross my arms over my chest.

"It's been more than half a year since you told me to fuck off and now suddenly you want to what? Talk? You're fucking delusional if you think that'll happen," I mutter, turning around to walk back inside, but Dominic pushes himself between my belly and the door.

"How'd you even find me," I ask, looking anywhere but his face. It proves to be difficult as he inches his face closer to mine, hovering only centimeters away.

"Your sister told me," he answers with a shrug and I feel anger seep through my veins.

That's why she called to say sorry. She knew she bitched me out and felt guilty about it.

"Can we just go for a drive? And talk...I've been thinking a lot over these past couple of months ," he says, a plea evident in his eyes and I feel myself wanting to slap him but also agree.

In him I see the playful banter we used to have, the endless flirting that I would encounter in the halls, the secret friendship formed that we would never admit.

But then I also see the boy who told me to never contact him, abandoned me and my babies, left me to deal with this and raise them all alone. He left my children fatherless.

Before I can answer, Dominic is quick to plead with me some more.

"Please, it's more for our babies benefit, not my own. I just want to talk, that's all," he says and I narrow my eyes.

I open my mouth to respond, but am cut off by the front door swinging wide, light brown hair popping into view and I make eye contact with emerald green eyes.

I can see the questioning look in his eye, the intensity of concern and care in them as well.

Dominic backs off of me and turns around to face Landon, both of the boys sizing the other up quickly.

"Who is this?" It's Landon who asks, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to him. My tense posture instantly relaxes in his touch, and I allow myself to connect shoulders with him.

"This is Dominic...baby daddy. Dominic, this is Landon, my boyfriend," I say the last part loud enough to be heard only by Landon and Dominic.

Landon smirks from beside me and Dominic's lips turn down just the slightest bit.

"I just wanted to talk to Christine, that's all bro. It's just concerning the children," he says and Landon looks between him and I, before keeping his gaze focused on me.

"That's up to Christine if she wants to talk to you or not," Landon says, his eyes asking whether I felt safe or not.

And in all truth, I didn't. But I'm not going to take Dominic's biological children away from him, and not take away their biological father away from them.

"Fine. I'll talk to you about my children, a short drive is all you get," I answer, venom laced in my tone.

Landon gives a single nod before disappearing back into the house, surely explaining the situation and as to why I'm gone for the next fifteen minutes.

Dominic leads me over to his car parked along the street, helping me into the passenger side before getting behind the wheel.

The first minute is filled with uncomfortable silence and I begin to feel impatient.