Chapter 24

I reached over and took his hand holding it in my lap. "You're going to have an amazing time baby." He looked at back at me, gratefulness in his eyes. "Thank you babe." He brought my hand to his lips an kissed it softly. "You know I'm going to miss you so much tho." I brought our hands back down to my lap, twisting his rings. "I'm going to miss you too." I replied softly, looking down at our intertwined hands. I felt the tears burning my eyes again, and I reached up to wipe them away. "Oh you guys are just so f**king cute! Let me get the camera out." Elton exclaimed from the back seat. I let out a shaky laugh. Colby tilted his head, and gave Elton a sweet smile in the rear view mirror. "You're cute too Uncle Elton." He fluttered his eyelashes at him. Elton put his hand on the back of Colby's head and ran his fingers through his hair. "Ooo, y/n I might have to steal your man while we're gone. Someone's gotta keep him company." I laughed and slapped Elton's hand away from Colby's head. "No funny stuff Elton!" "Aw, come on y/n! I need Colby's arms to keep me warm in that drafty castle." He rubbed his hands up and down Colby's arm. Colby started laughing and said "oooo Elton, that tickles." I shook my head. "I don't know what to do with you two. I'm outnumbered. I guess you can borrow him for the month but I need him back." Elton laughed, his eyes twinkling. "Okay, bet. I'll give him back...maybe." He pulled my cap down over my eyes a little and sat back in his seat. Elton had managed to lift the mood a little but it quickly sank back down for me. I knew Colby was excited, as well as sad, about this trip. I didn't want to make it harder on him so I pasted a smile on my face and joked around with them the rest of the ride. We got to LAX, took care of everything, and decided to wait with the guys until their flight was called. I sat next Colby and leaned into him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. We didn't speak for a moment, just sat in silence. Sam and Kat were having a quiet discussion, sitting the same way that we were. She looked up into his eyes, tears streaming from her face. His own bright blue eyes were red and watery. He kissed her softly and she laid her head back down on his shoulder. Devyn was sitting in Corey's lap, his arms around her waist. Tara and Jake the same way. I guess everyone was trying to get in their last few moments. I heard the call for their flight and my heart sank. This was it. One whole month without the love of my life. The man that I hadn't been separated from for more than a couple of nights in over a year. Colby stood up, looked down at me, and held out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up, enveloping me in his warm embrace. I couldn't hold the tears back. They slipped from my eyes in a cascade. My body started to shake from my silent sobs. Colby squeezed me tight and then pulled back looking in my face. His eyes were red, with a few of his own tears trailing down his cheeks. He gave me a small smile. I don't think  that I can do this...but I have too. I smiled back.