Chapter 37 Colby's POV

Sam was right. This as serious and we needed to take it seriously. "Okay, let's  get started." Jake lit the candles and Corey set the figurines in a circle in various places around the table. "Everyone got their crosses on?" Sam asked. I held mine up to show that I did. The others followed suit. We all held hands, making a circle at the table. I was feeling super nervous and I could tell the others were too. Elton kept giggling occasionally at nothing, Corey was jumpy, Jake was silent and still (which was weird), and Sam's eyes kept darting around, looking behind him. He met my gaze. "Do you want to start this? or do you want me to do it." I shrugged. "I don't care bro. We both have to do it anyways." He nodded. "Okay, I'll start it and you can ask some questions afterwards." "Yeah, okay." "Let's close our eyes and concentrate." We all closed our eyes and Sam started. "If there are any spirits out there who would like to communicate with us, we offer our energy for you to use." We waited for a little while and nothing happened. "Maybe we should say it together." I suggested, opening my eyes. Sam turned to me, looking thoughtful. "Yeah, that might help." We closed our eyes again and everyone chanted this time. "If there are any spirits out there who would like to communicate with us, we offer our energy for you to use." We said this 4 or 5 times before a cold breeze blew through the room. Everyone opened their eyes and we saw the the candles flames dancing violently. "Do not break the circle. Keep holding hands." Corey said, watching the candles. I was holding Sam and Corey's hands so tightly, I'm surprised that they didn't say anything. "Is there someone here who wishes to talk to us?" The candle flames suddenly became still, barely flickering at all. "What does that mean?" Jake asked. Elton started laughing. "Maybe they don't wanna talk." A shrieking, scrubbing sound burst out from the kitchen. We all looked that way and saw a chair sliding across the floor, like it was being pushed. "What the f**k!?" "What the hell is that?" "Did that actually just happen?" "Don't break the circle!" "Oh shiiiit!" "Can we stop?!" We were all talking at once, until Elton spoke up. "Okay, okay, CALM DOWN! This is a good thing. This is what you wanted...but you didn't get it on film. There is no camera pointed that way." "Aw Gah Dang it!!" Sam exclaimed. "I really don't like this. I think we should stop." Corey said, his voice shaking a little. I kind of agreed but I also kind of wanted to see what else might happen and get some footage for the videos. "We aren't stopping yet. This is amazing! We have to see what we can actually get on camera." Sam said seriously, looking at Corey. He let go of my hand and reached towards the spirit box that was set out on the table. Turning it on, he held his hand back out to me and I took it. The box let out it's usual jumpy white noise, which was extra creepy in this setting. "Okay, let's go again. Anyone else wanna ask something?" "I will." Jake replied, sitting forward in his chair. We all closed our eyes and waited. "Do you want to hurt us?" he asked. "NO, don't ask it that!" Corey cried out, causing everyone to open their eyes. A freezing breeze came from the kitchen, and blew straight through me, raising the little bit of hair that I had on my arms, goosebumps jumping out all over. I shivered, feeling the biting cold all the way into my bones. The spirit box started jumping through channels and the word "YES" came through in a man's deep voice. "Okay, I don't wanna do this anymore." Corey said. He was squeezing my hand so hard, it was starting to hurt. "Bro, easy." I told him, holding up our linked hands. He loosened his grip a little. "Sorry." I looked around the table at everyone. Elton was sitting there, staring at the candles, whose flames were dancing again. Jake was staring towards the kitchen and Sam was looking down at the spirit box. "Let's go again. Who's gonna ask?" I shook my head. This was getting too intense and I didn't feel right. I was still cold. "Colby's it's your turn." Sam said looking up at me. I sighed. Damn it. "Okay." We closed our eyes again and I did not like it. The spirit box was still churning out the jumpy white noise and it felt like it was getting inside my brain. I couldn't think straight. "Um..what's your name?" We waited a few minutes until we received an answer. It just wasn't the answer we wanted. "MINE NOW," came out of the jumbled mess of white noise, with the word "NO" right behind it in a lady's voice. "Okay, I'm done." I said. "We need to end this." Sam nodded and everyone else chimed in their agreement. "Okay, thank you for communicating with us. You can leave now." The candles started flickering violently again, and the freezing air swept through the room. "You can LEAVE NOW." Sam repeated, more sternly. The The breeze got stronger and the candles blew out. The cold in the room permeated my bones for a minutes and everything went still. Then cold was gone and it seemed to go back to normal. We let go of each others hands. "Bro, what the f**k just happened?" I asked, looking at Sam. He shook his head, his eyes wide. "I don't know...but we caught it all on camera. Not so sure that we should do that again though." "I'm not doing this again. I told you that it was a bad idea Sam. Why do y'all keep making me do these things?" Corey said, standing up from his chair.