Chapter 57

"We'll figure it out. Just get some rest or something until she gets here." He stood up and adjusted his clothes. "I'm gonna go home, but text me if you need me." He looked at me and then Colby, his eyes hard. "DO NOT LEAVE THIS APARTMENT COLBY." He said sternly. "Y/N, if he tried to leave, you start screaming for me and don't stop until I'm here." He looked Colby up and down. "And put some damn clothes on." With that, he turned on his heel and left the apartment. Colby and I looked at each other for a moment, then burst out laughing. I laughed so hard, my side hurt, and tears were streaming from my face, my body shaking. "Maybe I should put some clothes on before someone else comes through that door without notice." He said, still chuckling, motioning to the door. He cut his eyes back to me. "Unless...." I shook my head. "Nope, no offense babe, but I don't know where you've been or what you've been doing...I think you should get checked out first before we....do anything." He groaned. "That's probably a good idea." He got a worried expression on his face and then held out both arms, examining them. "What are you doing?" I asked him, my eyebrows going up. He put his arms down and looked at me, ashamed. "Um...checking for track marks..." He looked down to the floor after he said this. "What?! Do you think you could have done something that bad?" I was even more worried now. He shrugged and looked at his arms again. "I don't know. I could have honestly done anything but I don't see any evidence of it...but there were people there, at that house....It was bad." He shook his head, like he was trying to shake away the memory. I slid closer to him, wanting to make him feel better. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him lightly. "You know..." I started trailing my fingers down his jawline, then down his neck. "Just because we can't do THAT," I tilted my head to the side and bit my lip. "Doesn't mean there isn't other things we can do to keep ourselves occupied." I looked up at him through my lashes. He picked me up and sat me on towel covered lap. "So no clothes?" he asked, smiling. I shook my head laughing. "But maybe lock the door?" I suggested. "Yeah, good idea." I stood up to go lock the door, but he ran past me, holding his towel up. "In a hurry?" I asked, after he locked the door and turned back to face me. "Yep" was the only reply I received, before he scooped me up and took me to the bedroom. He dropped me on the bed, and was on me before I could take a breath. I laughed again, giddy from happiness. I knew there were still things to worry about and problems to take care of but in this moment, I was happy. Colby was happy. I saw the darkness in his eyes but it was barely there for now. It seemed like it reveled in anger, sadness, and anything that could contribute to making him unhappy. He kissed me roughly, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer until he fell on top of me.  "Oof" He let a breath when he landed. Pushing himself up with his hands, he hovered over me and smiled. "Was that necessary?" I giggled. "Absolutely." I replied. My clothes and his towel disappeared. 2 hours later, we were both spent, lying across the bed sideways, breathing heavily. "Well...I don't think we've ever messed around that long without actually having sex." I said, trying to catch my breath. He rolled towards me, a wicked grin on his face. He leaned in and kissed me gently, before replying, "Yeah, we should try it out more often." I laughed. I sat up and grabbed his hand, pulling him up. "Nooooo." He groaned. "Yeeeessss," I said. "Come on, we gotta get dressed. It's almost time to for that lady so you know Sam will be here soon." He scrubbed his face in his hands, and then there was a knock on the door. "Speak of the devil," He replied, sighing. "He's so damn punctual." "Go tell him to hold on so we can get dressed." He nodded, slid on some joggers, and left the room. He was back a few seconds later, while I was pulling on my shirt. He closed the door behind him. "I told Sam to wait in the living room." I nodded. "Okay." We finished getting dressed and I started to head out the door, but Colby grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Y/N, I just need to say this really quick."I looked up at him, his hair curly from not blow drying it, falling into his eyes. I reached my hand up and brushed it back, meeting his gaze. "What is it Colby?" "I just want you to know that I love you. No matter what happens with this, no matter what I might say or do...just know that I love you. I will never stop loving you." I felt myself tear up a little. "Oh baby, I love you too. I missed you so much when you were gone. I didn't really know how to be here without you." I laughed a little. "I stayed with Sam because I couldn't bear to be here for so long without you." He chuckled. "How were you going to survive the whole month of Ireland then?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. My eyes widened, and I shook my head slightly. "I have no idea." I replied slowly. "Come on Brock. Let's do this." I grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door and into the living room. Sam was scrolling Twitter on his phone. He looked up when we walked in. "Hey brother, you ready for this?" Colby shrugged. "As ready as I'm gonna be, I guess." Sam nodded, and put his hand on Colby's shoulder. "Look, I know you're worried about it, but this is supposed to be as safe as possible.