Chapter 52

I fell back on the couch in Sam's apartment. I had been staying with him since Colby left. It was just too hard to be in that empty apartment, with reminders of him everywhere. The first night he left, we stayed up all night and looked everywhere that we could think of. We didn't find him and came home in the early hours of the morning defeated. I have constantly been trying to call him but he never answers. He never answers for Sam either...it's been 5 days since Colby left the club and we haven't heard one word. The second day, we broke down and called the cops. They weren't much help, claiming that they would keep an eye out but he wasn't a minor and it sounded like he just wanted to get away since he was arguing with everyone. We tried to explain but no one wanted to hear it. We had just gotten back from searching for him again. I scrubbed my face with my hands, wanting this nightmare to be over. I was so mad at him. For cheating, for hurting me, for leaving me...for not telling me that he felt different. I could've tried to help him. "Y/N, you okay?" Sam asked me, coming in the door after telling Kat goodbye. I shook my head. "No...and I won't be until we get Colby home. I don't know if I want to hug him or hurt him but I would settle for either right now." He sighed and sat down beside me, putting his arm around me. "I know. I'm worried too." We sat in silence for a while, each of us in our own world. The others helped us look when they could, but Sam and I went out every day and every night, searching for hours, until we had no choice but to give in and come home for a while. My phone buzzed so I pulled it out, expecting it to be one of the girls. It was a number that I didn't know, so I clicked it off. Probably a telemarketer or something. I started to lay my phone down on the table but it buzzed again. It was the same number. A feeling came over me that I can't explain. "Sam" I said. "I think this might be Colby." "What? How do you know? Answer it!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "Hel-Hello?" I was so scared that it wasn't going to be him...or that it was. I only heard breathing for a second, then my heart fell to my feet. "Y/-Y/N?" He stuttered out. "OmG" I let out in a breath of relief. "Is it him? Where is he? Colby, where are you, we'll come get you right now!" Sam yelled from beside me. I put the phone on speaker so he wouldn't have to do that. "Sam, I-" Colby's voice cracked and he paused. "I don't know where I am exactly. Somewhere in Inglewood. Hold on, let me see if I can get the address." His voice was still shaky but God, it was so good to hear. "Hey, here's the address." He rattled off an address and Sam put it in his phone. "We're on the way Colby. Stay there. DO NOT LEAVE." Sam demanded. "Okay...I'll try. Y/N..." I closed my eyes listening to his voice. There was so much regret in it. "Are you okay Colby?" I asked, trying to keep my own voice steady. I felt a tear slip down over my cheek. "I don't know. I think so. There were some heavy drugs and I think that I did some of them...I don't know. Y/N, I'm so s-" Sam had already walked out the door, but he busted back in. "Y/N, COME ON!" I stood up, and hurried out the door. "Listen Colby, we're on the way. We'll talk later, after you're home. I need you to stay on the phone with me until we get there." "I can't." He said softly. "I'm at a store, and they said that I can only use it for a minute. I lost my phone. I lost my wallet. I walked here from...it was a long walk." "Jesus Colby." I whispered into the phone. Sam and I climbed into his car, and he took off, managing the traffic as best he could. "We're trying to hurry Colby. Please don't leave. We'll be there soon." I begged him. "Okay...y/n please hurry. I don't know how long I....just please hurry." "See you soon." I hung up the phone and looked at Sam. His eyes were red, but his face set, determined, as he swung in and out of traffic. "He's okay Sam." I said, my voice breaking a little. He shook his head. "He's not okay, until he's in this car...maybe not even then." I sat back and looked out the window, thinking about the phone call. That's what I had been waiting on for 5 days...and I didn't tell him that I loved him. My anxiety burst through at that point. I had been holding on for too long. Realizing that I didn't tell him that I loved him when I had a chance...I knew why I did it. Regardless of how it happened, Colby had cheated on me. I had no clue what he had been doing or who he had been doing it with for the past week. I still loved him but could I get over this? I wanted too...but too much emotional baggage from the past kept interfering. I shook my head, trying to clear it. It doesn't matter right now. All that matters is finding him, and making sure that he is safe. Then getting him some help. "Who do we even call for something like this Sam? If he's f**king possessed, do we actually call a Priest? Do we google it? I don't even know where to start with something like this!" He had both hands on the steering wheel, and I saw his knuckles whiten with his tightened grip. "I don't know...but first things first. We get him safe with us. Then we'll deal with the rest. "You're right." I sighed. I listened to the GPS on Sam's phone, telling us that we were getting closer and closer, until finally we were there. Sam pulled to the curbside. I stepped out of the car, searching, and me eyes fell on him. He was sitting on the curb, with his head in his hands, his clothes dirty and torn in places. "Colby!" I yelled, starting to run, with Sam right behind me.