Untitled Part 40

I wasn't too worried about it until you passed out, down in the basement but now..." I shook my head. I didn't want to leave yet. I felt drawn to this place now. Like I had some kind of connection with it. "No Sam. We don't have to do that. I really am fine. Let's just stay out the week at least. That way, we can film as much as possible, get a good look at the grounds, and the other areas that we haven't looked at yet. Just enough to put together a couple of videos. Then we can leave." He still looked worried. "Okay, now don't get mad! but I think that you acted that way earlier because of something that happened to you downstairs. Like maybe something made you pass out, and made you act that way. I don't think that it's a good idea to stay and the guys agree with me." He paused, looking at me like he didn't really believe that I was okay. His eyes were narrowed looking into mine like he was trying to see something. I got off the bed and stood next to him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Sam, look at me." I motioned with my hand to my face. "I'm okay. I promise. I honestly don't know what happened down there." The more I started thinking about it, the more I thought maybe he was right. That wasn't a normal thing for me to do, even if I didn't feel good. I never snapped like that unless I had a good reason. Then I thought of all the nasty thoughts that I had before I went to sleep. I started feeling a little angry again thinking them, believing them.  I shook my head, like it would help shake the thoughts away. "Yeah, we should leave." I said, taking my hand away from him and turning away. I clenched my fists, letting my nails bite into my palms, trying to qualm the fear that I felt inside myself. Something wasn't right. "You're fine." I heard the voice in my head. "You're alllll good."  "I'm fine." I repeated out loud. "Okay" I heard Sam say from behind. I had almost forgotten that he was there. "I'm booking the first flight out then. We'll figure out something else for the channel." I took a deep breath and turned back around. I nodded at him, meeting his gaze. This was Sam. My best friend in the entire world. My brother. I knew that he just wanted what was best for me. "He doesn't though. He just needs you to be okay for the channel." The voice started again. "Stop it!" I yelled out loud. Sam looked taken aback. "Stop what Colby?" He asked hesitantly. I shook my head again, a little harder than before. "Nothing. Sorry. I think I'm going to pack up the little bit that I have. Mostly everything is still packed but I'm going to double check. You got the equipment or you want me to grab it?" I asked. He looked a little frightened, like he was worried that I would snap again. That was starting to irritate me but I was also a little scared myself. "I got it brother, don't worry about it."  I nodded. "Okay...hey" I said as he turned to go. "Tell the guys...tell them that I'm sorry." He looked a little relieved. "I will man. No worries. They'll understand." He walked the two steps back to me, and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, patting his back a couple of times. "Thanks bro." "Yeah man." He let me go, smiled, and walked out. I sank back down on the bed, and put my head in my hands. What the hell was going on with me? I pulled my phone out to text y/n that we would be coming home early but not the reason why. "Hey baby, we decided to come home early. We got most of the footage that we need so didn't see any reason to stay. Sam is booking the first flight out. I'll let you know more when I know." I hit send and waited. It wasn't long before she texted back. "Oh that's amazing! I'm so glad that you're coming home! I have missed you so so much Colby! Can't wait to have you home. I love you!!" I smiled a little. "I love you too. Can't wait to see you."  I put my phone and packed up what I had out. It wasn't much so I was done in no time. I decided to go back downstairs to see what Sam had found out. On my way out, I met Jake going into his room. He nodded at me when he saw me but didn't speak. "Jake...I'm sorry brother." He shook his head a little. "It's fine brotha. Maybe just don't drink so many energy drinks or something." He smiled at me and I gave a half grin back. "Yeah, maybe." I replied. We did our bro hug and I continued down the stairs. Corey and Elton were talking to Sam, their backs to me, and Sam's head was down, so none of them saw me coming. "I think that he needs to be checked by a priest or something Sam. That wasn't normal. I swear that I saw something in his eyes when he blew up. Something....something that wasn't Colby." Corey was saying. "It's not a bad idea." Elton chimed in. "Just to be sure." Sam didn't say anything, just continued to look down. As I got closer, I seen that he was wrapping up the cords to the equipment. He looked up and saw me, an embarrassed look crossing his face. "Hey Colby!" He said, a little too cheerful. "The airline has a flight that we can catch first thing in the morning so....in about 8 hours." Elton and Corey turned around to meet my gaze, looking apprehensive. I nodded at Sam. "Yeah, that's great Sam." I turned away from them. The way that they were all looking at me made me feel dirty. Was there something inside of me? I didn't feel like there was...at least not right now. "Colby," I heard Corey call out my name. I turned back to see what he wanted. "We love you brother. We just want you to be okay. Ya know?" I felt love rush through me for them.