Chapter 27 (Colby's POV)

The flight had been long so I slept most of the way. Now it was somehow about 2:30 in the morning, with time difference and I was wide awake. I was excited about this trip, having never been to Ireland. I missed y/n tho. We went to a hotel to wait until time to meet the guide at the castle. None of us were sleepy, so I we just hung out. I called y/n, since it was only around 7:30 pm there. "Coooolby! Heey Baaaby!" She slurred into the phone. "Y/n, are you drunk?" I asked her, laughing a little. "Maaaaybe....ouch, shit...yeah I'm a little drunk baby." Her voice turned a little whiny. "Mine too." Sam hit my shoulder to get my attention. He was on the phone with Kat, I assumed. "Yep, same here!" Corey called out. "Tara is faded." Jake said, laughing. "What the hell have you girls been doing?" I said jokingly. "We missed you guys so we had to -"hiccup"- have fun and drink to for...forget." Her voice got a little sad. "I found your sh-shirt Colby. I f-found your shirt on the floor and I cr-cried. Wh-Why can't you ev "hiccup" ever pick up your cl-clothes?" I shook my head, holding the phone to my ear. This girl was so far gone. "Baby, what are you drinking?" "Jack and Coke!" She yelled, her happiness coming back quickly. "I'm gonna get lit tonight!" "I think you're already lit, love. Maybe slow down a little." I replied. "No, no, no, baby! Not tonight." She giggled drunkenly. Oh boy, she was gonna be blacked out before long. "Where are you?" I asked. "At Tara's" There was yelling from the background from all the girls, and y/n joined in. I pulled the phone away from my ear and noticed that the other guys did too We all smiled at one another shaking our heads. "They are so f**ked up!" Corey laughed. "Stay there, okay?" I spoke into the phone. "No driving." "I know Cooooolby. We're gonna have a shleepover!" Her words were slurring a little more. I chuckled. "Okay good. I have to go now, but I'll text you later. I miss you y/n." Her voice got all soft and sweet. "I miss you too Colby...so so much. I love you. You know that right? I love you with my whole damn heart." I smiled and rolled my eyes. She was going to have a bad morning. "I love you too baby girl. I'll talk to you soon." We hung up and the rest of the guys ended their calls. Jake shook his head, smiling. "Kind of wish that I was home right now. They are so faded, it's crazy." "Yeah, they're having a blast...us leaving didn't affect them that much." Sam said laughing. "Yeah...it did." I said quietly. I knew why they were drinking bc I wanted to do the same damn thing. To just let loose and forget for just a little while. I couldn't do that though. Not yet. It was time to do what we came to do. It was still dark outside, in the early morning hours, when we arrived at the castle. It looked dark and sinister. I thought of y/n and how she hated these haunted trips. "Yo Colby, you got the bags?" I heard Sam yell. Shaking y/n from my mind, I grabbed the equipment bag out of the cab. "Yeah, I got em."