Chapter 58

I won't let anything happen to you and I'll stop it, if I think it's going to far. Besides, she's only diagnosing you for now." Sam continued. Colby nodded, and both sat down on the couch. I took his hand in mine and smiled at him. There was a knock on the door, and Sam went to answer it. I hadn't paid attention to the marks on Colby's neck for a while...I was preoccupied but now, there they were again. "You know, I'm gonna put makeup on those. I don't like looking at them." I said, half laughing. He blushed, and brought his hand up to cover them. "I'm truly sorry y/n." I shook my head, and squeezed his hand. "I know Colby. I was just playing...kind of." Sam let in a pretty brunette, probably late 20s, and they both walked over to where we were. Colby and I stood up to shake her hand. Sam did the introductions. "This is y/n, Colby's girlfriend, and this" he pointed his hand at Colby, "is Colby...the one who may need your help. Guys, this is Keera." "Nice to meet you." We both replied. I shook her hand first and then Colby. She held onto his hand, staring into his eyes. I actually felt a little uncomfortable, and I think Colby did too. He started shifted his weight on his feet and he looked away from her to me. I just shrugged. She let his hand go but kept staring at him. He looked back over to her and met her gaze. "I think you do need my help. I see a darkness in your eyes...but let's make sure. Can I speak with him alone please?" She glanced at me and then Sam. "Is that okay with you babe?" I asked him softly. He looked back at me, looking worried, his eyebrows up. "I guuueeess... what are we going to do exactly?" He asked her. "Oh I'll just be asking you some questions for now. No big deal. I need to determine what level of possession you are before we proceed." Sam blinked hard, then made his eyes wide. "There are levels?" He asked, surprised. She kind of laughed. "Yes. Most people don't realize that, but there are." She turned back to Colby. "Should we get started? Maybe your friends can go in another room, so that they are still close. Would that make you more comfortable?" Colby nodded. He looked at me and I could see a little fear in those big blue eyes. My heart was breaking for him. "Can you guys just, like, go hang out in the bedroom and watch tv or something, for a while?" I nodded, and leaned up to kiss his lightly. "You'll be fine. We're right here if you need us." "You're good brother. Don't worry." Sam said, patting Colby's back as he walked past. We both went to the bedroom and I closed the door. "I know that we have to do this but I don't like it. Why doesn't she want us in the room?" Sam shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe so she can get honest answers. She might feel like he won't be completely honest if we're in there." That blew my mind. I hadn't even thought of the possibility that Colby might not have been 100% truthful with me. "Do you think he was honest with us?" I asked. Sam sat quietly for a moment, deliberating. "Yea...I do...but I don't know if he told us everything he remembers...or maybe he just doesn't remember it. I honestly don't know." He shook his head. "Either way, I just hope we can get him back right. This has been a hell of a week." I looked at him and noticed for the first time the toll that losing his best friend had taken on him. His eyes were red from lack of sleep, darkness underneath them. He was nervously tapping his leg with his phone. "Sam, he's gonna be okay, right?" I didn't like seeing Sam worried. He was usually the strong one of the group, the last to freak out. He looked at me and I could see the uncertainty in his blue eyes. He reached over and put his arm around me, pulling me close. "I hope so y/n...I really hope so." We sat there quietly for a moment, then I pulled away and grabbed the remote to the tv. "Have you edited the Ireland videos yet? Or are you going to post them?" He nodded. "I posted one already. Yesterday actually. The intro video. You know, the research, the interviews, the travel vlog...things like that. I'm not going to put in the part about Colby. I would never leak that." He sighed and rubbed his hands on the thighs of his jeans. "I know the fans will see every little detail and probably speculate but that's fine. I'm not going to put anything serious in in." "That's good." I said, twirling the remote in my fingers. "I'm going to put it on." He nodded and slid off the bed onto the floor, his back against the bed. I rolled over onto my stomach and propped my head on my hands. Maybe by the time this video was over, Colby and Keera would be finished. The video started, and seeing Colby and the others joke around had me laughing. "I swear, sometimes, I actually wonder if you guys are into each other." Sam's head snapped around. "Actually?" he asked, almost blushing. I nodded and motioned to the tv. "Wouldn't you wonder if you watched these guys?" "Stoooop, you know we're just joking around!" He exclaimed, smiling. "Hashtag Solby b*tch." I replied calmly. He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "What about Jolby? Or Corey and Elton? Why do you always gotta mess with me?" I laughed. "Cuz it's more fun...and I ship it." His eyes got wide. "No you do not!" I shook my head, putting my hand over my mouth to muffle the laughter. "Okay, I don't, but if I weren't with Colby, I would!" Sam held his hands out. "Why?! I have never understood that." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Because of the amazing relationship that you guys have. You don't see friendships like you guys have anymore. It's rare."