Untitled Part 55

"I think that because it wasn't you, that my brain rejected the idea so much, it pushed out whatever it was letting me regain control." He looked at me, hope in his eyes. I stared into them, watching the shadow peek out from the depths. "It's not gone Colby. It's still in there. Whatever is wrong with you, or in you, it's still there. It's just dormant for the moment." He looked hurt. "Why would you say that?" I laid my hand on top of his. "Because I can see it." I stated simply. He shrugged angrily. "Okay, so what does that mean? Am I possessed? Am I going f**king crazy?!" He stood up and grabbed his head between both hands. "I don't know what to f**king do Y/N!" I shook my head. "I don't know Colby but we'll figure it out. Together." "You're damn right, we will." Sam had entered the apartment without either of us knowing. He came over to stand in front of us. "Are you guys okay?" He asked, looking at me. I wanted to be. I wanted us to be. I looked over and met Colby's shadowed blue gaze. He smiled at me sadly. "We will be. Right now, I just want to make sure that he's okay." Colby took my hand and pressed his lips to it lightly. "I love you y/n." He said quietly. "I love you too Colby." I replied. My heart still hurt and I didn't even want to think about what might have happened while he was gone...but right now, he was my Colby. I wanted it to stay that way. I would worry about the rest of it later. "Great. Now let's get started." Sam said, clapping his hands together. "Wait." I said, holding my hand up, then pointing to Colby. "You, go take a shower. Now. You stink." I smiled at him, but I was serious. I couldn't take that cheap perfume smell, plus I don't think he had showered in a few days. Probably not at all since he left. He smiled back, still with a sadness that I was beginning to worry wouldn't go away. "Yeah, I should do that." He stood up, looking at Sam. "You gonna still be here when I get out." "You know it." Sam replied, clapping him on the shoulder. Colby nodded and went to our bedroom, closing the door. "So what do we do Sam?" I asked him, as soon as the door shut. "I can see it in his eyes. I don't think he's crazy but I do think that there is something...in there with him." Sam nodded. "I know there is. He's Colby right now, but for how long?" He sat down next to me and pulled out his phone. He dialed someone and I tuned out, not wanting to butt in on his conversation. I sat there thinking about Colby and I, and how we were going to fix things. I knew this was going to happen one day. I told them both but did they listen? No, they never freaking do. I wonder if they'll listen now? Sam interrupted my thoughts.  "I called that Wicca place where I got my stuff for my personal spooky videos. The lady there is Wiccan and knows a little more about this than I do. She gave me the number to a Psychic spirit healer who should be able to help us. A priest kind of shoves the spirit out, leaving it to wander and possibly attach to someone else. This lady can supposedly send it...on. That way, we don't have to worry about it attaching to one of us." I just stared at him for a moment, my mouth open. "What?" he asked, starting to look embarrassed. "Nothing." I said, shaking my head. "You're just pretty damn amazing. Did you know that?" He chuckled. "Course I did. You're just now figuring that out?" I laughed and leaned over to hug him. He hugged me back, squeezing gently. "What the f**k is this??" I heard Colby yell. I looked over Sam's shoulder to see him standing in a towel, glowering at both of us. I leaned away from Sam quickly. "What are you talking about?" I asked him, bewildered. "You and Sam, that's what I'm talking about!" He moved his angry glare from me to Sam. "You f**king y/n too Brother? Kat wasn't enough, you had to take the woman that I love too?" Sam stood up, confusion and anger crossing his face. "What the hell Colby, are you serious?" I stood up and put my hand on Sam's arm. I saw Colby's eyes follow it. Only they weren't Colby's eyes at the moment. "That's not him Sam. Not completely." I started to walk up to him, but Sam put his arm out in front of me. "Let me by." I stated firmly. "He's not going to hurt me." Sam was hesitant but he moved his arm, watching Colby closely. Colby hadn't moved, still standing in the same place glaring at Sam. His eyes moved to me, when I began to walk slowly towards him. "Colby." I started speaking in what I thought was a soothing, calm tone. "You know that there is nothing going on between me and Sam. I would never do that. Sam would never do that." I saw something flash behind the shadows in his eyes. I tried again. I was standing in front of him now, so I placed my hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes. "I love you Colby, not Sam, not anyone else. You. You know that. I know you can fight this. You did before when you couldn't sleep with that other woman. You can do it again. Right now. I need you to come back to me Colby." He snatched away from me, but I saw the uncertainty in his eyes. Sam started forward but I held my hand back to him, to tell him to stay still. I stepped up to Colby again, putting my hands on either side of his face. He was still wet from his shower, water dripping from his hair, down into his eyes. I stared deep into his eyes, and then pressed my lips to his softly, just for a second, then pulled back. "I love you Colby. Don't let it win. You can fight this."