Chapter 26

Throwing all of them, except his t-shirt, in the basket, I went to the bed and sat down. Bringing his shirt to my face, I inhaled the scent of him that still lingered on it. The tears started coming again, and I curled into a ball on his side of the bed, holding his shirt next to my face. I don't know how long I cried, letting the tears pour out, soaking his pillow. Eventually, I exhausted myself and fell asleep. I dreamed about an Colby stuck in an empty blackness. I saw him, I reached out to him, but he couldn't see me. The closer I got the further away he got. I called to him, ran after him, into the blackness, only for him to disappear. Then the blackness swallowed me and I woke up. The sun was shining in through the window so it had to be late afternoon by now. The dream fading from my mind, I felt this uneasiness that wouldn't go away, tho I didn't know why. I sat up in the bed, Colby's shirt falling away from me. I rubbed my eyes, trying to make the bleariness go away. Looking around the room, I remembered that he was gone. Loneliness started to overwhelm me again, so I grabbed my phone to call Kat. Checking it, I had a txt from Tara...and a snap from Colby! I opened the Snap and it was Colby when he first boarded the plane, sitting next to Sam, who waved. Colby blew a kiss, and said I love you. God, I loved him so much. Smiling a little, I checked the text from Tara. "Wanna have a girl's night?" I quickly texted her back. I needed something to help me get through this. "YES! What's the plan?" "My place. Spa treatments, nails, music, and alcohol." I got up and checked the time. 6 pm. That means another 2 to 3 hours before Colby's plane lands. "What time?" I texted back. "NOW Bitch!" I laughed. "On My Way!" I jumped in the shower, threw on some casual, comfy clothes, and brushed my hair. No makeup bc spa treatments! Checking myself in the mirror, I shrugged, grabbed my keys and purse and headed out. Kat met me at the door. "Tara's?" I asked. She laughed. "Yep!" We both giggled and ran to the elevator. Kat rode with me in Colby's car, over to Tara's place. We saw Corey's car in the driveway when we pulled up. That meant that Devyn was already there. Tara met us at the door, and led us straight to the kitchen. She had 5 different bottles of liquor set out, plus 5 different kinds of 2 liter sodas. She had a few cases of the test tube shots (I can never remember what those are called), and several Buttery Nipples and Strawberry Whip shot packs over by the sink. "Are we planning on walking later?" I asked her, laughing. Tara shook her head, making her ponytail swing back and forth. "Nope! Everyone is staying here and we shall drink our sorrows away!" She smiled and grabbed a bottle of vodka. "And have a damn good time doing it!" Turning it up, she grabbed a remote and music blared from the sound system that she had set up. We all started moving to the music, and I danced my way over to the counter to make a drink. I needed something strong. Spotting the Jack Daniels, I grabbed it.