Chapter 64

Sam grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him. "COLBY!" He yelled, panic crossing his face. I laid my head on his chest, listening for his heart beat. It was there but it was growing fainter. "No, no, no!" I glared at Keera. "This wasn't supposed to happen! You said this was safe!" She shook her head, sadness in her eyes. "I said it was the safest possible method. There are always risks." I looked back to Colby, Sam leaning over him, tears splashing down. "Don't you do this to me Colby! It's Sam AND Colby! You can't leave me..." His shoulders starting shaking, with his silent sobs. He leaned back, wiping his face. I put my hands on Colby's face again, tears from my eyes falling onto his lips. "You will not leave us Colby Brock, DO YOU HEAR ME?" I pressed my lips to his. "YOU SAID ALWAYS! Don't you remember that?" I broke down, sobbing, unable to breath. "I'm calling an ambulance." Corey said, pulling out his phone. I buried my face in his neck, grabbing a handful of his hair. "Help is coming Colby. You hold on. You did so good baby. You fought it off. It's gone. Now we just need you to fight to stay here. Stay here with us baby." I leaned back and wiped my tears from his face. There was a trace of blood on his cheek too. I touched my lip, and my finger came away with blood on it. I disregarded it. It wasn't important. "You stay here with me Colby...I need you...I love you. Always." Colby's eyelashes fluttered a little and I gasped. "SAM!" I exclaimed, grabbing his arm. "What?" He asked, alarmed, looking at me. I nodded towards Colby's face. We all watched as he grimaced a little, then coughed, his eyelids fluttering open. His eyes met mine, and I grabbed him around the neck the best I could with him being on the floor. "Colby!" I sat back a little, kissing him. He pressed him lips into mine gently. "Can I sit up?" He asked weakly. Sam grabbed his hand and I grabbed his other arm, helping him sit up. Sam pulled him in for a tight hug, his hand gripping the back of Colby's shirt. "Don't you ever f**king do that to me again Colby! I'm sick of this you pretending to die or almost actually dying sh*t." I saw Colby's back shake a little with his weak laughter. Pulling away from Same, he replied, "I didn't plan this one brother." Sam smiled, and stood up. "Think you can stand and sit on the couch or something." Colby's face was pale, and clammy with sweat...but his eyes were clear. Those beautiful, amazing, ocean blue eyes that I fell in love with were clear and bright. "I think so." He replied, trying to stand up. Jake stepped up in front of me to help Sam lift him to his feet. They let go and Colby staggered a little, pitching forward. They caught him and helped him sit back on the couch. "Yeah, maybe I should chill for a little while." He said laying his head back. "You're body is weak. You just went through an emotional and physically draining trauma. You're going to need  to recuperate." Keera spoke up...I had forgotten that they were still here for a moment. I got up off the floor and went to the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. Bringing it back, I sat on the couch next to Colby. He cracked his eyes when he felt the dip in the couch, and glanced at me. He lifted his arm weakly, and waited. I snuggled under it, and laid my head on his chest. His arm came around me, pulling me closer. "I'll be fine. Thank you." He said. I pressed the water bottle into his other hand, sitting up so that he could open it and drink. He did just that, downing half the bottle in one gulp it seemed. "Slow down brother! You're gonna choke." Jake said, laughing a little. Colby took the bottle away from his lips and grinned. "I was thirsty. Banishing demons is hard work brother." Keera and Shana gathered their stuff up, putting it all back in the bags. "I hate to be this way, but there is the matter of payment." "Yeah, no, of course!" Sam replied, walking out into the hall with them. He was back a moment later, shaking his head. "I guess you're life was worth it brother, but damn." Colby just grinned. "The ambulance is still on the way so they can check you out and make sure everything is okay." Corey said, from other side of the couch. I heard a sniffle and seen that Kat had her head buried in her hands. Sam noticed too, and walked to her, pulling her up and into his arms. "It's okay Katrina. He's okay." She nodded into his chest. "I know. I was so scared." She pulled back from Sam and glared at Colby. "The only other time that I was that scared was when Sam was lying bleeding on the floor." She glanced back at Sam. "Can you both PLEASE stop trying to kill me? I can't take too much more of this." "Agreed." I spoke up, leaning back into Colby. He put his arm back around me and I heard his deep chuckle. It sounded stronger than before. Good. He kissed the top of my head and I leaned my head back so that he could kiss my lips. Meeting my gaze, he leaned down and pressed his lips softly to mine. He brought his hand up and caressed my cheek, tracing his thumb across my jawline. "I remember pain." He said, his eyes getting a faraway look. "I remember hearing you guys speaking through a haze. It was muffled. I got glimpses of you but I was stuck in the darkness again." He paused, his hand leaving my face and going to the end of his shirt, fidgeting with it. "Then there was nothing. No light. No voices. No emotions. Just nothing." He looked at Sam. "Then I heard you telling me not to leave." He shrugged. "So I pushed against the darkness as hard as I could, trying to escape it.