chapter three

The hunt was supposed to leave at dawn but his father was still talking to Lord Stark so Declan had busied himself preparing his horse

The hunt was supposed to leave at dawn but his father was still talking to Lord Stark so Declan had busied himself preparing his horse. Surprisingly, his father was not drunk and Declan could see a glimpse of the man people told him Robert once wa, he was happier here in the north than Declan ever saw at King's Landing.

Once he was done taking his father shouted "Come on lads, I intend to have a wild boar at the feast tonight" His father's words were strong, echoing in the quiet morning.

Declan got on his horse watching amused as Joffrey rode by his father's side, Joffrey was not a good hunter because he simply did not care, he was used to their mother doing his wishes and that had made him lazy, one can not achieve anything without working for it and Declan knew that sooner or later his brother would learn that lesson in the hard way.

"I find myself excited for the simple fact that I will have the pleasure of seeing the crown prince hunting skills"

Robb had decided that it was his job to accompany him on the hunt and to make him feel welcomed in his home, it was not necessary but Declan appreciated the feeling anyway

"Prepare yourself to be impressed" Declan said not able to control the smile on his face, they both shared a laugh before heading out of the yard.

They both decided that they would have a better chance of catching something if they were away from all the noise that his father and some of the soldiers were making, so they took a different path letting the hunting party disappear in the woods. They hadn't managed to catch anything before they heard the sound of horses running towards their direction, Declan caught the hilt of his swords, his heart started to beat faster waiting for the battle that could come.

"What were you thinking? running away without telling everyone, we have been losing time looking for you both!" Declan was shocked at how angry Lord Stark seemed to be.

"What happened?" It seemed Robb had also caught how out of the character his father was acting.

Stark's face fell before saying "Bran fell from a tower"

Robb's eye widened before hurrying to his horse, they all rode to Winterfell in a hurry without exchanging words, the fear of Bran's fate making the air tense. When they got there both Starks ran after Bran leaving they all behind apprehensive.

His father turned to him narrowing his eyes "You had to make the boy go away from the hunting party, didnt you?"

Declan frowed looking at him "What are you talking about?"

"You damn Lannisters always making everything more difficult, we could have been here sooner had you not been away"

"How was I expect to catch something with you talking loud like that? You were the one that suggested the damn hunt in the first place, if someone is to blame for them not being here is not me"