chapter four

Leaving Winterfell behind had been more difficult than Declan initially thought

Leaving Winterfell behind had been more difficult than Declan initially thought. The rest of their stay in the north was filled with tension and even his father seemed eager to leave the place. He had visited Lady Stark a couple more times trying to give her some comfort but it was in vain and by the time they left Bran had yet to wake. It was painful to leave not knowing the little boy's fate, he had grown used to the Stark family and it was fascinating to see how they interacted with each other. Robb had become a true friend and he had grown fond of the little ones, Sansa was to busy with Joffrey to give him a second glance.

While it had been painful to leave, Declan liked to be on the road traveling even though he did not had much comfort he had much more freedom, with all the people that were accompanying them his parents and Joffrey didn't have the chance to keep an eye on him, something that he had used in his advantage. Spending his days without supervision and worrying about his return was a blessing.

He was currently brushing his horse flunk when he heard a loud sound coming from the river, confused he decided to follow the sound only to find Arya and a boy fighting with sticks.

"Are you planning to join the Kingsguard, my Lady?"

The children froze upon hearing Declan's voice, but once Arya realized who it was she relaxed "I am not a lady" she said angrily and then softly "Don't tell father"

Declan smiled walking towards them "You wound me with your distrust, I shall be a tomb"

"Sorry" she mumbled "This is Mycah, we are training"

The boy's face became pale when Declan faced him "I pleasure, you may call me Declan" he then faced Arya "You have to improve your footwork"

He could see the anger in her eyes at being scolded but determination took over "Teach me"

Declan found that training a little girl and the butcher's boy, who had relaxed once the training began, was quite enjoyable.

But of course, he couldn't have a moment of peace without someone ruining it.

Declan was smiling seeing the children laughing while fighting when he heard Sansa "Arya!"

He turned to face her only to realize that Joffrey was with her, making the smile on his face drop.

"Ow! What are you doing here? Go away"

He knew she was only acting like herself and Arya did not know Joffrey well to realize that it was not a good idea to try and boss him, at least not when it was someone Joffrey was not afraid, but Declan knew and saw when Joffrey's eyes hardened.

"Your sister?" Joffrey said sarcastically, approaching them "And who are you boy?"

Declan didn't like the look on Joffrey's face so he started to approach Arya and Mycah slowly.