chapter fifteen

LionHeart | Chapter 15
Battle Of The Blackwater

                  LionHeart | Chapter 15               ⎾ Battle Of The Blackwater⏌

When the first bell rang all the color drained from his face.

Declan had been sitting in his chamber polishing his sword when he heard it and he immediately called for a servant to help him with his armor. Now, he was in the throne room listening and seeing everything around him and feeling like an outsider in his own body. It was different from when he was with his uncle Jamie in the battlefield, there he had done his job and the only fear he had was the fear of losing his life, sometimes not even that, but here watching the men marching in and out of the throne room and the sound of the footsteps outside the walls of the castle while seeing the people that he cared about was a whole different experience.

Robb had caught Jamie and mother's cousins, will Stannis take someone from me as well? Who?, The thought brought shivers down his spine.

He watched quietly as his uncle Tyrion talked to Bronn, too far away to hear any word they were exchanging. His uncle looked funny in his armor, like a lost child that had found an armor and decided to play war. He was sure that had the situation not been this dreadful he would be smiling at the sign.

He turned his head at the same time his uncle did and watched as Sansa entered the room followed by Shae. He frowned, not expecting to see her here since all the women and children in the castle had been sent to Maegor's Holdfast to stay there during the battle.

She quickly glanced at him as she passed by his side, the gesture unnoticed by everyone since they were all busy with the preparations to pay attention to the girl.

"You should see more for the kiss" Joffrey said while drawing his sword. The pommel was a ruby cut in the shape of a heart, set between a lion's jaws "My new blade, Heart-Eater I have named it" he then commanded her to kiss the blade with a challenging face, waiting to see her reaction. When she slowly moved and kissed it he smiled pleased with himself "You will kiss it again when I return, and taste my uncle's blood"

"Will you slay him yourself?" Sansa questioned, her face blank, and Declan had to smile at the courage the girl had.

"If Stannis is fool enough to come near me" Joffrey answered.

"So you will be outside the gates fighting in the vanguard" She pressed to make him uncomfortable, and it clearly was working.

I will be in the vanguard, Declan thought miserable while he continued to listen to their conversation, Joffrey will swing his sword around like a child to give the fool men strength to fight.

"The King doesn't discuss battle plans with stupid girls" Joffrey said, and Declan could see that he was starting to get angry.

"I'm sorry, your Grace. You are right, I'm stupid, of course you will be in the vanguard. They say my brother Robb always goes where the fighting is the thickest and he is only a pretender" She said playing innocent.