chapter ten

Declan tried to find a comfortable position in his chair, his sore muscles protesting at the movement and making him suppress a groan

His uncle Tyrion had woke him up informing that his grandfather had requested a meeting and that they needed to attend. He had tried to not show how uncomfortable he was feeling in his own body as he dressed up, waving his hand at Shae when she tried to help him, adamant to not have any help.

He could feel his anger increasing as he remembered how he had broken down in front of a stranger.

I'm the heir of Casterly Rock for Gods' sake, he thought bitterly, I can't allow myself to have moments of weakness like this, especially at war.

"They have my son" His grandfather's voice broke him from his thoughts.

"The Stark boy appears to be less green than we'd hoped" Tyrion said.

"I've heard that his wolf killed a dozen men and as many horses" Another Lord interjected.

"Is it true about Stanis and Renly?" Another asked.

"Both Baratheon brothers have taken up against us. Jamie captured, his armies scattered, it's a catastrophe. Perhaps we should sue for peace" Kevan said.

"There will be no peace" Declan said, louder and angrier than he intended "That is no longer an option since my brother beheaded Lord Stark. Robb is winning and he will not stop until he finds his revenge"

"I'm told we still have his sisters" Kevan said.

"The first ordering of business is ransoming Ser Jaime" Another Lord interfered.

"No truces, we can't afford to look weak. We should march on him at once, first we must return to Casterly Rock to race..." The man was not able to finish his sentence because his grandfather interfered. Declan was happy for his grandfather's outburst because he already could feel a headache coming and he was too tired to keep up with these Lords that he couldn't even remember the names.

"They have my son!" he said angrily "Get out, all of you" when Declan stood up his grandfather spoke again "Declan and Tyrion, stay"

Declan sighed, already expecting that. He doesn't have Jamie now so he will have to use me and Tyrion do his work, he thought tired.

Tywin pored some wine in Declan's cup "You were right about Eddard Stark, if he were alive we could have used him to make peace with Winterfell and Riverrun, which would have given us more time to deal with Robert's brothers, but now? Madness, madness and stupidity" He then turned to his uncle, poring him some wine as well "I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps I was wrong"

"Half wrong" His uncle joked "I'm new to strategy but unless we want to be surrender by three armies it appears we can't stay here"

"No one will stay here, Ser Gregor will head out with 500 riders and set the Riverlands on fire from God's eye to the Red Fork, the rest of us will regroup at Harrenhal" He took a sit of his on wine "You will go to King's Landing"