Tangled Heart Strings

Phoenix

The deafening blaring from my alarm clock echoed through my room. My body slowly waking up but my mind stayed asleep. I drowsily slam my hand against my nightstand, searching for my alarm clock while my face stays buried in my pillow. I eventually just reached for the cord and unplugged it when I couldn't find the button.
I threw off my covers and made my way to my closet, pulling out my blue suit and a tie to go with it, quickly changing into my suit and fixing up my hair to look presentable for today's trial.
I take a good look at myself in the bathroom mirror. The bags under my eyes are getting worse, I look pale and sickly. 
"I really need to eat more..." I think to myself.
I slap myself in the face a couple of times to wake myself up a little more.
I walk into my driveway and get in my car. Putting the keys into the ignition and starting it up.
I drive down to Wright & Co Law Offices, Maya was already there, waiting for me by the entrance.
"Nick! You're finally here!! What took ya so long?" She asks as I get out of my car.
"I slept through my alarm..." I say, yawning after the sentence.
"You feeling ok, Nick?" Maya asks, "you look really tired."
"I had a rough night..." I say, rubbing my temple.
"Are you sure you're up for investigating? And even that, the actual trial?" Maya asks, sounding concerned.
"I'll be fine...I promise you..." I reply, walking inside the building.

~

I walk inside the court room, my court records overflowing with new evidence. My eyelids still felt heavy from this morning, I've already downed at least 11 cups of coffee, and even that didn't wake me up enough.
I set the court records on my desk and scanned through all the evidence I could've possibly found today.
I set my evidence a side and look up waiting for the trial to begin.
My eyes locked with The Prosecution.
Miles Edgeworth.
I suddenly felt more awake then I've ever felt.
My eyelids no longer felt heavy.
I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins like water running through a pipe.
My heart started racing as color started to return to my eyes.
The Judge slamming his gavel on the sound block snapped me out of my gaze. I blink and flinch.
"The court is now in session for the trial of Ms. Julia Burns." The judge says in his loud booming voice.
"The prosecution is ready your honor." Miles says.
"The defense is ready your honor." I say after.
"I won't be able to focus with Edgeworth in front of me." I think to myself, "he's the reason I'm loosing sleep, I can't stop thinking about him."