Black and Red Pavement

Phoenix

I was pacing around my office, occasionally biting my nails.
Where the hell is he?? That bastard better not have done anything to him!
My mind was rushing with thoughts and predictions on everything that could've possibly happened.
"Nick, calm down, I'm sure Edgyboy is ok," Maya says.
"He said he would be here in 10 minutes, it's way past 10 minutes-!" I reply.
"What's the worse that could happen?" Maya asks.
I stop in my pacing circle to the sound of faint sirens, I look out the window and see an ambulance hauling down the street, along with a couple of police cars behind it.
Those can't be for Miles! Can they...?
"Maya, come with me" I say, running to the front door. I quickly got into the driver's seat of the car, Maya got into the passenger seat. Neither of us even bothered to buckle up, I just quickly started the car and followed the ambulance.

~

The ambulance and police cars stopped just past an intersection, I park off to the side and quickly get out, making my way to the main source of the attraction. I see Miles's car, flipped over onto the roof, completely totaled. There wasn't another car, so I could only assume this was a hit and run. I look around to see if I could actually see Miles anywhere. I caught a glimpse of his silver hair being pulled into an ambulance.
"Edgy-" I muttered under by breath.
Before I could really do anything, I felt a strong grip on my shoulder.
I flinch and turn around, sighing in relief to see that it's only Gumshoe.
"Sorry to scare ya pal," Gumshoe says, "I just had a feeling you would be here and it took me a sec to actually find you."
"Well I did just get here so that's why-" I reply.
"So I'm guessing you heard the news, and or saw it for yourself."
I felt my palms getting sweaty, "yeah...yeah I did-"
Gumshoe wraps his arm around me and pulls me into a half hug, because of the size difference, I rest my head on his chest since I couldn't reach his shoulder.
"I just hope to god Miles is ok..."

(Author's Note: IM SO SORRY THE UPDATES FOR THIS STORY HAVE BEEN SO SLOW. I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVENT GIVEN UP ON ME. I AM SERIOUSLY TRYING TO HET UPDATES IN BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THEYRE NOT MEDIOCRE)