Rainy Days

Phoenix

Miles gave me my clothes to change into. Before I could even switch rooms, thunder clashes and lightning struck through the sky, causing the house to shake. Rain followed quickly after, pouring buckets of rainwater down onto the outside world with no hesitation.
"Welp, guess you can't walk through all of that," Miles says, "where did you leave your car?"
"I think I left it at Perch," I reply, not entirely confident on my answer.
"Well, I'll drive you to perch, you'll get your car there and you'll drive to Wright & Co." Miles says, "now, get changed and we'll be out of here in no time."
I walk into the bathroom and change from Miles's donated comfy clothes to my uncomfortable suit and tie. Fixing myself up to not look as hungover and sickly.
I walk out of the bathroom and throw the other clothes to Miles, he barely caught them with his slower reflexes.
"Lets get you out of here, I don't know how my secretary will think of the chief prosecutor sleeping with a defense attorney, let alone Phoenix Wright." Miles says, walking out. I follow behind him.
"What do you think everyone else will think?" I ask, "about our relationship that is.."
"We're not going to tell them," Miles says, "you're a defense attorney and I'm the chief prosecutor, we're supposed to be at each other's throats twenty four seven, if they figured out we're in a relationship, both of our carriers could be finished."
Geez, I didn't even think about that...
"You make a good point..." I say, "I do want to tell someone though.."
"You can tell Maya or Larry, just make sure they keep their mouths shut, this cant slip out."
"Both of them are horrible at keeping secrets..."
"Sew their mouth shut if you have to."
Miles opens up his umbrella and puts it over both of us before walking out into the rain. Miles shows me to his car, he opens the passenger door for me, as soon as I climb in, he moves over to the driver's side and climbs in, shaking off the umbrella before shutting the door.
"Are you gonna tell anyone?" I ask.
"Dick most likely, he's got my back. I know he won't tell anyone." Miles replies, starting the car and starts driving.
The rain pattered against the car windows, staining the car with rainwater.
Miles kept his eyes fixated on the road, not even taking a second to glance away.
The silence became to awkward to the point where Miles had to break it.
"How is everything back at Wright & Co.?" He asks.
"Oh, it's going good, what about you?" I reply.
"It's pretty lonely, if I'll be honest, I wish someone was with me honestly...you staying the night really helped me."
I smiled and blushed a little, now I have a reason to stop by.
We pull up to Perch, Miles handed me his umbrella, "I don't want you to get wet," he says.
I couldn't help but blush, I've never seen Miles act like such a gentleman, I would really like to see it more often.
"I would really like to see this side of you more often, Miles, I really like it." I say, smirking.
"We'll see how that goes." Miles says, leaning forward and giving me a quick peck on the lips.
I take the umbrella and walk out of the car, opening it to protect me from the rain.
Miles drives away, I walk up to my car and get inside, shaking the rain off of the umbrella before storing it in the passenger seat of my car.
I smile and let out a sigh.
I hope this relationship works out. I've never been happier.