My Mind is Such a Disaster

Miles

Benji's father, Bernard Shepard's case was delayed due to the car crash I was in. I got out as soon as I possibly could, since this case just got much more interesting.
We don't even have the slightest idea who the suspects where, and yet the perpetrator is being very adequate on not being convicted. We promised Benji that we would give justice to his father, and that is something we are going to give.
Dick convinced me to stay home and relax while he gathered evidence, I reluctantly agreed and promised a salary deduction if he brings back rubbish.
I had Phoenix email me those photos of his vandalized office so I could inspect them, maybe I could find something in the photos.
I couldn't ask anyone in my team for help though, since my relationship with Phoenix is still secret, and the photos showed very...graphic images, so I unfortunately have to figure this out on my own.
I printed them out and put them in a folder just Incase I could use them as evidence in the future, making sure to show a timestamp in the corner so it didn't look forged.
I had my laptop resting on my lap as I zoomed in and took notes on things that stood out to me, which unfortunately wasn't very much, I only had two filled bullet points.
I rub my eyes and sip my herbal tea, yawning a little bit. I miss getting out, I miss Phoenix, I miss Benji, I miss doing my bloody job. To be fair, that crash could've been worse, I could've ended up paralyzed from the neck down.
My thoughts got cut off by my phone ringing. I flinch and look at the screen to see who was calling.
It was Phoenix.
I pick up, "hello?"
"Hey...um-I think I know who the perp is...."
I sat up slightly, wincing a bit since I forgot the amount of pain I was in.
"Really-? Who-??"
"I'm heading over to your place right now, I gathered a load of evidence and I'll explain to you when I get there."
"Please hurry, today has been a bore."
Phoenix lets out a small chuckle, "alright, I'll see you in a bit, bye Edgy Boy."
"Bye Nick." I hung up and lean back down, smiling a bit.
Phoenix rarely lets anyone call him Nick, so far it's only Me and Maya, and frankly; I feel honored.

~

I heard Phoenix unlock the door and step inside, he has a key to the front door, so I wasn't too alarmed. He quickly stepped into my room, took off his shoes and flopped down onto the other side of my bed.
"So, you want me to spill the tea?" He asks.
"You should never let good tea go to waste," I say, pretending to not understand what he means, "besides that tell me what you know"
Phoenix rolled his eyes a little and hands me a Manila folder.
I take it and open it, inside had a picture of a man in his late 20's early 30's with thick stubble and aggressive looking eyes. I flip through the other pages to see other pictures of the man and some records.
"Jack Winters." Phoenix says.
"What makes you so sure he's the perp?" I ask.
"He contacted me via email when I was looking for evidence."
"And what makes that so relevant?"
"One of the first sentences he wrote was about our relationship."
I briefly stop flipping and look at him, "show me the email."
Phoenix pulled out his phone and handed it to me. I quickly took it and read through the email.

Dear Phoenix Wright,

I know about your relationship with Chief Prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth, and I know you don't want that information to get out to the public.
So how about we make a deal,
I am confessing to you, right here, right now. I killed Bernard Shepard, but you are going to defend me and prove me innocent, one way or another. Whether you fake evidence or purposefully loose the trial by faking stupid, it doesn't matter. What matters is my innocence.
If you prove me guilty, your private information will become public.
This is a warning, dont fuck it up.

- Jack Winters