Leave Me Alone

Phoenix

Reporters surrounded me and Gumshoe like a swarm of hungry fish attempting to feast on multiple flakes of fish food.
They kept shoving questions down my throat, hoping I would give them at least a one word answer such as 'yes' or 'no'. But I couldn't even do that. Miles could be in danger. My Miles could be dying.
I tried desperately to push past them, but that ended up to no avail, since they just continued to shroud me with questions.
I had to force my way through the crowd of drama hungry reporters, shoving past multiple men and women with microphones, most likely bumping some of them and giving them rumbly, scratchy audio.
I speed walk back to my car, the reporter's unfortunately following behind me. I grabbed onto the driver's side door handle, when the rough felt cover of a microphone harshly bumped my cheek. Practically pushed over the edge, I decided to answer their question.
"Yes?" I asked, obviously annoyed.
"I would like some information on the Mia Fey murder case-" the reporter said.
My expression dropped from annoyance to pure unamusement and slight anger, I'm still not fully over the fact that I couldn't save Mia.
"We're talking about a current event where the chief prosecutor got into a horrendous car wreck, and you're asking me questions about a murder that has been SOLVED, and took place nearly 2 years ago, for what reason?" I asked.
If the answer is stupid I'm leaving right now.
"I'm writing a book on the case," The reporter said.
I immediately turned around and opened my car door.
"I'll send you a copy-!" The reporter said.
That's it. I've had enough of this.
I turned around a sucker punched that reporter square in the jaw, knocking him over onto his many fellow reporters. I got into my car and shut the door, the reporters quickly filing out of my way in fear I might run them over. Which I would never do. Sucker punching them is one thing, but running them over is something else.
"You ok Nick...?" Maya asked, fully aware of my current state.
"Lets just get to the hospital Miles is in," I said, turning on the car and driving off.

~

I pull up to the hospital and quickly find a parking space. Maya and I get out and lock the doors, quickly running over to the front door.
We step inside and walk up to the front desk.
"Hi, is there someone you'd like to visit?" The woman asked.
"Yes uh-Miles Edgeworth-" I said, a bit out of breath.
"His room is on the second floor and is room 217."
Both Maya and I nod and start to walk to the elevator. We press the button to go up and wait.
"At least we know he's alive..." Maya said.
"Yeah, thank god for that.." I said.
The elevator opened and the two of us step inside. I press the button for the second floor and the doors close.

~

We walked up to the door and knocked on it, sweat seeping through my palms.
"Come in," I hear Miles's beautiful voice say.
I open the door and step inside. My expression dropped a little bit when I saw Miles.
I love Miles with all my heart, and he is the sexiest man alive, but he currently looks like shit. His eyes have dark bags beneath them, his skin is littered with bandages and he has an IV connected to his arm. He looked over at me and his lips curled into a smile.
"Hey howdy hey," I said, walking over to him. Maya pulls up a chair and sits down, if she had popcorn she would be eating it at the sight of our adorableness. I sit down at Miles's bedside, "how have you been?" I asked.
"In pain for the most part but nothing too bad," Miles replied, "I should ask how you're feeling, since I saw you punch a news reporter on live tv.."
"Oh...they where recording that-?" I asked. Miles nods, "I saw the whole thing."
"Welp..." I muttered, resting my head on Miles's hospital bed, "it's been a rough day..."
Miles runs his hand through my hair, relaxing me almost immediately.
"May I ask, what was it that you needed me to come over to your office?" Miles asked.
"Oh yeah...I almost forgot about that..." I said, sitting up, "Maya, can I see your phone? You took pictures right?"
Maya nods and hands me her phone, I went to her photos and tapped on the first one and handed it to Miles. His expression changed from amusement, to worry as he swiped through the pictures.
"The culprit really must not want to get caught..." Miles said.
"Yeah, and I think the crash was a way to blackmail us as well..." I added.
"Who would possibly go this far to clear themselves of a murder?"
That's a question I can't answer Edgy...