Turnabout Father

Phoenix

I drove closer to Wright & Co., Maya was standing outside, anxiously pacing around the entrance waiting for me.
I get out of my car and walk over to her, "What's going on?"
"Nick!! Thank goodness! There's someone waiting on the phone for you!" She says, grabbing my wrist and bringing me inside.
The phone console was sitting on the desk, with the phone resting beside it. I pick it up and put it towards my ear.
"Hello? This is Phoenix Wright."
"Hi, Wright, there's a cabin on the end of a culdesac with the body of a 28 year old man, his 5 year old child found the body in the living room. We need your help right away."
"Ok, we'll be there right away." I hung up the phone and got my keys. "Cmon Maya, we have no time to waste!"

~

We drove up to the cabin, it's surrounded by police cars and ambulances. Maya and I get out of the car and walk over to the cabin. I look around, I see the victim's child sitting on the back entrance of an ambulance wrapped around in a blanket.
"Maya, are you comfortable with finding evidence on your own?" I ask her. Maya nods in response, "I want you to work along side Gumshoe and try to find anything that can help us, I'm going to go talk with the kid, he looks like he really needs someone right now.."
"Ok, I'll go find him," she says, walking off to find Gumshoe.
I walk over to an officer, "is it ok if I talk to him?" I ask, gesturing to the kid.
"Yeah, but be gentle with him...he's had a rough night..."
Damn, so this kid found his dad's body last night...?
I walk over to the kid, kneeling next to him so I'm at eye level. The kid had messy sandy blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles with a bandaid over the bridge of his nose. He looks up at me shyly.
"Hi.." I say, giving him a reassuring smile, "what's your name?"
"Benji..." he says shyly.
That's such an adorable name...
"That's an adorable name..I'm Phoenix.."
"It's nice to meet you sir.."
He seems to be warming up to me...that's good.
"Look, I'm going to figure out who did this to your dad, I promise you, who ever did this will pay for it."
"Pinky promise?" Benji asked, holding out his pinky finger.
I wrap my pinky finger around his, "I pinky promise." I say, smiling. He smiles back, revealing a gap in the middle of his teeth.
This kid gets cuter and cuter by the second.