Just Keep Breathing

Miles

I don't know where I was. I was floating in a black void, feeling absolutely weightless, as if I'm floating in water.
I didn't feel a floor, nor did I feel walls or a ceiling, it was just nothingness all around me.
Through the deafening silence, I could hear very faint sirens, either from a fire engine, ambulance or police car.
A small ray of light penetrated the darkness, temporarily blinding me. The light began to grow bigger and bigger, I covered my eyes with my arm and clench my eyelids shut, shielding them from the light.
It didn't take long for the light to completely engulf the darkness, blinding me with its pure white ecstasy. My mind and body went completely numb as the light washed over my body.

~

I opened my eyes to be greeted with more bright, white, blinding light. The sounds of garbled machines beeped all around me. I blink away the blurs and find myself starring up at a ceiling that was not my own, I look to my right and find a large window that wasn't in my house.
Where am I?
"Ah! Good, you're awake."
I look forward and see a woman dressed in nurse's scrubs, she walks over in my direction, "are you feeling alright?"
"My head is killing me..." I mumble loud enough for her to hear, I rest the palm of my hand against my forehead.
"Makes sense, that was a nasty crash," the nurse says.
I look back over at her, "crash?"
"You don't remember?"
I shook my head.
The nurse just gave me a shocked expression, she grabbed the remote from the bedside table and turned on the tv, where a news station was reporting a car crash. A totaled car appeared on the screen, that car, being mine.
"It's on every tv station," the nurse says as I stare at the tv intently.
I wasn't really paying much attention to the news reporter speaking about the issue, but my heart did skip a little beat when two very familiar people appeared on the screen.
Dick and Phoenix.
They both had multiple microphones shoved in their faces, being beckoned with multiple questions.
Dick tried to answer as many questions as he could, but Phoenix seemed way too stressed and anxious to answer any of the questions he was being asked.
He's worried about me...