Comfort

Miles

I missed him already.
It's pathetic how much I already miss him. I told Dick at least, so I have that off of my chest. The community is going to flip their lids once this gets out to the public, which is something I'm not going to announce until we're both fully ready.
My phone started to ring. I pick up my phone to see Phoenix calling me, my mood instantly rose again. I answered with no hesitation.
"Hello?"
"Hey uh..Miles, I need you right now.."
Phoenix sounded a little embarrassed and sad, what could he be sad about?
"What's wrong?"
"It's about a case...a murder case..."
The murder case Dick was talking about?
"Do you need my help with it? Because I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to help you in finding evidence to help your client—"
"It's not that...it's the victim's son..."
Right...the victim's 5 year old son who found his body...I completely forgot about that...
"But—why do you need me to help?"
Phoenix lowered his voice, "because we're the closest things to parents he'll ever have again, Maya and I can't do it, since she's way younger than me, and I'm more comfortable talking about this topic with you rather than Maya..."
"What's Maya doing now?"
"Gathering evidence with Gumshoe..."
"Where is the crime scene?"
"It's a cabin at the end of a culdesac."
"I'll be over there soon."
"Great! Thank you! See you later!!" Phoenix hung up. It felt amazing to hear his voice again, let alone, to hear him happy again.
I quickly got ready and drove to the scene.

~

I drove up to the scene. I already saw Dick and Maya, they where gathering evidence either near or inside the house. I didn't see Phoenix though, at least, not yet.
I got out of my car and walk over to an officer, "Phoenix Wright called for me, where is he?" I asked. The officer pointed over by an ambulance, I turned to see Phoenix kneeling beside it, he looked as if he where talking to someone. I approached him, tapping him on the shoulder.
Phoenix turned around, his lit up expression lit up even more, "Ah! Mi—Edgeworth, glad to see you here!" He said, I'm extremely sad and relieved that he didn't call me by my first name, at least i got to hear his voice.
"Who are you talking to, Wright?" I asked.
Phoenix moves out of the way, revealing a small child with sandy blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles and a bandaid on his nose, he smiled at me, revealing a gap between his two front teeth.
I need this child in my life.
"Edgeworth, this is Benji, Benji, this is Edgeworth, but you can call him by his first name, Miles." He says.
Benji waved at me, "Hi Mr. Edgeworth! It's nice to meet you!"
I NEED THIS CHILD IN MY LIFE
I kneel down to his eye level, "it's nice to meet you too, Benji." I replied.
Benji immediately hugged onto me, "Are you two my new dads? I've never had two dads before."
My face went bright red, so did Phoenix's.
"W-well—uh—"
Phoenix took over for me, since I was a blushing mess.
"Benji, look at me for a sec." he said, Benji obeyed and turned to look at him.
"Can you keep a secret?" Phoenix asked, keeping his voice low. Benji nodded.
"Well, the thing is, we are together, but we're not ready to tell everyone else yet, but you can know, since we trust you to keep it hidden. But this is a secret between the three of us until Miles and I are ok with telling everyone else, ok?"
Benji quickly nodded, "Yup!!"
Phoenix and I sighed in relief, "thank you," he said.
I lean over to Phoenix, "he's so adorable." I whisper to him.
Phoenix quickly nods in agreement, "I know right!"