5

"I'm sorry. What?" Asked Jeongguk. He had a look of confusion on his features. Other students gathered around were just as muddled.

"I-I..the- he.." Taehyung's words were scrambled all over the place. He couldn't get out one correct sentence without stuttering.

Was he nervous?

Yes the heckity heck he was if it wasn't obviously enough.

He felt like packing all his things and leaving to Russia or something. At least he would be able to stay up later than nine, right?

"I would appreciate it if you'd stop making distracting noises, Taehyung." Jeongguk declared, his voice firm and clear. Obviously irritated out of his mind.

Taehyung wasn't focused on the fact that he was scary sounding, he was more focused on the fact that Jeongguk said his name. His thoughts went wild

Jeongguk said his name

His flip flapping name

Cue the wedding bells.

Clearing his throat and shaking his thoughts out of his big inflated head, Taehyung turned his body to face the other male. He then clasped his hands together, and straightened his posture.

"My apologies, Sir Jeon Jeongguk. How foolish of my actions to become quite bothersome for not only you, but the other students gathered here around us today. For now on, I will be cautious of my disturbing actions, and try my hardest to not disrupt you from your task." With that Taehyung did a quick and firm nod before facing right back front in his desk.

He was impressed with how beautifully spoken his words was. He made quick fist and whispered a  "yessss." As if his whole life had been complete.

For the rest of the class it was most certainly cringy, especially for Hoseok who face palmed himself rather disappointed with Taehyung's actions.

"I— I'm not even going to question what you even said." Jeongguk mumbled, taking out the books and papers he needed for the class.

His eyes then widened suddenly to his memories of last night of being horribly prank called. He wondered if he was perhaps the only one.

"Hey." Jeongguk whispered out. Taehyung wasn't prepared for exactly what was up to come. Making conversation with his crush was absolutely harder than expected.

"Y-yes Sir Jeongguk?" The boy stammered earning a eye roll from the other male who was definitely not digging the name.

"Just call me by my first name please." He paused with a sigh. "I was wondering something."

Taehyung eyes slowly and nervously began following the direction his crush was in.

Was he about to get asked out?

Was Jeongguk going to confess his feelings?

Did he want a kiss?

Is he—

"Did you perhaps get prank called last night by chance?"

Taehyung could hear glass shattering in the back of his mind. The sound getting louder and louder by each millisecond. He was really expecting something juicy, yet he got something he completely wanted to avoid.

For frick sake.

"Prank call? N-no. I fell asleep really early yesterday...real real early. L-like sevenish early." The boy fibbed. Any lie that would eschew this question would be helpful even if it sounded unbelievable.

"I'm trying to find the person who prank called me." Jeongguk started as his eyes averted to the front board where the teacher was writing so he at least looked like he was paying solid attention. "I heard he has a crush on me, and— well do you know anyone in particular who likes me? I don't want to sound weird, I'm just overly curious."

Taehyung felt his whole life was crashing down at his feet. It seemed like Jeongguk was not going to give up until he figures it out.

Should he dodge the question?

Dramatically cry?

Scream and run away?

Confess?

Okay confessing is least of what he was going to do.

"No. I most certainly do not know anyone who has a crush on you.." The boy projected. He tried making his voice as believable as possible, but anyone could tell he was lying.

"Shit— it's not everyday someone has a crush on you." Jeongguk whispered out. "I'm actually kinda honored. Not gonna lie."

Taehyung's face then immediately grew red.

Like cherry red.

Like he just put on a bash full of makeup kinda red.

Taehyung's eyes averted to the desk almost immediately. "It's not everyday your crush has a crush on you." He muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing-"

Both boy's then faced front. Taehyung tried his hardest not to make anymore disturbing noises and fiddle around like crazy through out the whole period of history class. He was entirely nervous that Jeongguk would magically find out then scold him for not telling him.

Finally after what it seemed like hours, the bell rang. Taehyung quickly rushed up to his best friend, and hugged on to him for dear life.

"Hobi, I made it through this class alive." He rejoiced. Thanking the heavens above that he didn't say anything absolutely stupid to his crush.

"Taehyung, I don't think you realize how obvious and annoying you were. I'm surprised Jeongguk didn't find out." His best friend whispered low enough for only them two to hear.

Taehyung scrunched up his nose and nudged Hoseok's shoulder before scoffing. "Obvious? Pleeease. I was perfectly normal."

"Suuuure." Hoseok replied in a sarcastic manner. Taehyung was going to defend his words before he noticed his phone light up in his pocket with a message.

And it was Jeongguk.

J: If you tell me who you are, I'll take you out later, and we can hang for a bit. I won't be completely weirded out at the fact that you like me. I promise.

Taehyung's mind suddenly went blank after he read the message. It really had him thinking.

Should he reveal or should he—

T: I literally like you so much.
T: .....but NO