13

This day was particularly not the greatest for more reasons than one.

Jimin.

That was simply the only word that caused Taehyung's stomach to twist and turn into whirls that were hard to make go away. It had became like some sort of competition every since Jimin had told Taehyung that he too liked Jeongguk.

One thing Taehyung seemed to be really bad at—competitions. God, he would lose to anything even if it costed his life, which in this case, costed more than his life. It costed Jeongguk.

His mind constantly worried that Jimin was better than him. I mean there's nothing to argue. He's shorter, has plumper lips, and hair as soft as an angel.

He seems as if he's mostly Jeongguk's type. Not that Taehyung knew what Jeongguk was into, but Jimin definitely seemed like he was someone at the top of Jeongguk's list.

Taehyung was almost as tall as Jeongguk. Wardrobe wasn't exactly the most appealing. Really, most his outfits consisted of sweatpants and plain cotton t-shits that maybe had one or two words written on it.

He had noticed as he walked down the school hall, Jimin leaning against the beige colored lockers, talking to Jeongguk.

More like flirting it seemed.

To make it worse, it had to be next to his locker.

A blush was awfully apparent on Jimin's cheeks. It made Taehyung sick. Not that they were flirting exactly, but because Jimin looked like he was making Jeongguk swoon over his every move.

God, if only Taehyung could flirt without becoming a total reck, he'd have Jeongguk yearning for him. At least that's what he thought. It was almost impossible to flirt for him. It was hard. How did people do it anyway? For Taehyung it seemed almost cringy.

Honestly how did Jimin turn out like this anyway? He seemed more of the shy type than anything. Really, he barley spoke in class. Guess there are sides to people you just so happen to not know.

Taehyung had stepped forward to his locker. He didn't need anything. Honestly, he hardly uses his locker. He just wanted to break conversation in anyway possible. Not that this would even work because Jeongguk wasn't close enough to Taehyung to just randomly start talking to him.

Dismiss the fact that they talked at the park. Jeongguk noticed Taehyung, for he was the only acquaintance he seen there, so it was his natural instinct to talk to Taehyung, but here- they were at school surrounded by variety of people the knew. Jeongguk wasn't going to break conversation just to talk to Taehyung now. Obviously.

The boy had reached for the old dusty books he had placed inside his locker months ago. He didn't even need it, but anything to get closer to his crush.

He noticed Jimin rambling on about why he thinks Jeongguk should join the football team because of how muscular his appearance seemed to be and blah blah blah.

If he's joining anything, it should be math club. He's definitely not the brightest when it comes to things like that. The crazy difference between Taehyung and Jimin was that he'd actually say that to Jeongguk without shame. He'd tell him he needed tutoring lessons on math which was definitely not a smart idea.

Taehyung was more of a honest person where as Jimin was the person who rather butter up Jeongguk to get him to like him more.

Taehyung wanted to think fast in how to interrupt such a conversation. He didn't know what to say exactly.

Should he jump in and add extra reasons on why Jeongguk should do football? Should he crack an awkward joke that probably would humiliate him more than anything because of how unfunny his jokes were?

Or should he-

"I like you're phone case." Taehyung spoke out causing Jeongguk's head to shoot directly towards him.

Pausing the slight convo both him and Jimin were seeming to have, a smile slithered on Jeongguk's lips as his eyes averted to his phone where he looked at the case as a natural intention.

"Where did you get it?" Taehyung added.

Honestly how could he be so dumb? It was a clear phone case with nothing special on it. The question made him mentally punch himself a few times in hopes his brain would stop working like an idiot.

"Target." He answered with a deep chuckle.

Jimin has turned around to see exactly who was talking to Jeongguk because he didn't like the fact that he was being interrupted. Oh, and of course his expression would drop in sight of Taehyung, the person who he wished to see least.

Taehyung's eyes didn't want to look at Jimin. Instead he kept his gaze focused past the boy and on Jeongguk, never leaving him.

"A-ah- Target. What was the price? I needed a new phone case. Mine is a little beat up." No it wasn't. Not at all. His phone case was brand new, a three week old gift given to him by his uncle.

"Ten dollars for the clear, twelve for the colored ones, and an extra three dollars if you want to be fancy like me and add the pop socket. Oh- I saw a phone case of a horse. It reminded me of you. You know- old town road."

Taehyung's face couldn't help but light up into a slight laugh to the little joke. An inside joke they both now shared.

Jimin's face too lit up into an unexpected smile. A smile that seemed rather scary if anything.

"Taehyung! You look comfortable."

"T-thanks. I got a brand new pair of sweats."

"Seems so."

Taehyung gritted his teeth to the way Jimin's expression remained awfully calm. He would be lying if he said he didn't want to make Jimin angry.

It has never been that way.

Before the fact he knew they shared crushes, he actually liked Jimin. Well, he doesn't necessarily hate him now, but he sure doesn't like him. The two were cool before. Almost making their way up to a friendship. Not now though. They seemed more like enemies.

"Jeongguk." Jimin spoke as his gaze fell back on the other male. "Want to go get a snack with me at the vending machine?"

Taehyung almost interrupted to ask if he can come, but that would be awfully awkward if anything so his mouth kept quiet.

"Sure." Jeongguk answered, and both of the flirts left without a goodbye or a single wave.

Taehyung scoffed as he placed his dusty book back inside his locker, closing it right after. Or- rather slamming it, causing much attention of the students who were surrounded. Taehyung didn't care though. He was too busy dreading the fact that Jimin seemed to be winning this stupid competition that shouldn't even be a competition.

His mind needed to focus upon what hint to give Jeongguk since he deserved a decent one, but he didn't know exactly what to give.

He felt one mess up could give it away. Such as a hint like. 'We had an encounter just now.' That was overly too easy to guess.

It was something he needed to think over at home.