27

The clock has ticked quicker than Taehyung had expected.

Those few days flew by in a breeze. Taehyung felt like just an hour ago he told Jeongguk to go to the park on Christmas, now it actually is Christmas, and he really is giving Jeongguk that wild present that he now regrets.

But there was no turning back at this point.

Taehyung knew he should just suck it up anyway because eventually sooner or later this present of Jeongguk's was going to be revealed anyway.

The present being Taehyung's unwanted presence.

Sitting under the obnoxiously bright Christmas tree, Taehyung was there unwrapping his presents from his parents as his mother recorded him and his sister like every strange mother does on Christmas Day.

Opening a decorated box, he pulled out a shirt.

But not just any shirt.

It was one that had his baby picture on it, WHEN HE WAS NAKED IN THE BATHTUB.

Taehyung didn't know whether to dispose the thing, or accept it.

He decided he was going to do both. Accept it now and dispose it later.

"Do you like it?" His mother asks.

Taehyung looked at the hideous shirt, clearing his throat before turning back to his mother and flashing a fake smile of his. "...yes, thank you."

There's nothing that he would like to throw away more-

"Wear it to school on your first day back, sweetheart." She said with a smile that Taehyung couldn't let down. His only motive was to let out a sigh with an 'okay.' Despite not really wanting to.

He turned to the side, only to see his sister unwrapping something that he's been wanting for the longest time.

"WHAT!?" Taehyung exclaimed. "WHY DOES SHE GET A NURF GUN?"

At this point Taehyung felt that his luck is past due.

Taehyung wanted to add to his collection.

That's right his COLLECTION.

He has 13 nurf guns, and he was only STRIVING to get more.

"Don't you think you have enough, hun?"

No, he in fact did NOT have enough. There's no such thing as not enough nurf guns. Was this lady crazy?

"NO MOM-"

"Okay okay okay-" his father interrupted, setting the mug of coffee on the table beside him. "How about we go out later to get you a new nurf gun, after you open the one gift from me."

His father only pointed towards the average sized box that Taehyung immediately slid towards him.

His mother whipped out the camera once more. She had no idea what her husband got her son, but she had a giddy feeling it couldn't be better than her amazing shirt.

Taehyung tore the wrapper off the box like his life depended on it, practically crushing the box open once he got all the paper off.

And once saw what was inside he went absolutely WILD.

To sum up Taehyung's actions, he got up, ran around the living room AND kitchen, screaming a long and dramatic "YES!"

"You got me four star-wars pop BOBBLEHEADS!" He howled in excitement.

Yes, he actually howled because apparently he's a dog when he's extremely happy.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He repeated as his arms flung around his father. He now has another thing he could add to a collection.