Chapter 41: Hospitalized

[Warning: abuse]

The doctors came out on the emergency room. But no one came to Jaebum and Mark. They were really hoping that Jinyoung and the baby lived.

"Mark,what if he doesn't live? What if they both don't? What if-" Jaebum cried.

"Hey, its alright. Jinyoung is a tough boy, and he gone through a lot and came back strong," Mark stated.

"How would you know?" Jaebum scoffed.

"I watched him from afar in high school, idiot," Mark rolled his eyes.

"But you weren't even there for him," Jaebum glared.

"I actually helped him in ways you couldn't. I asked him everyday how he was doing, and everytime he had scars on his arm, I sneaked bandaids into his locker and ointment," Mark growled, "look at who wasn't there."

"I-" Jaebum stood up.

"Oh shut it. You were only there AFTER Youngjae," Mark walked off.

Jaebum huffed and sat back down, angry about the fight. Of course he would've been there for the boy he loved if it wasn't for that stupid dumb prick Youngjae.

...

Some time had passed, and Jaebum was still pacing around the waiting room. Mark had gone off here and there, only coming back with food or water for Jaebum. Not that he was hungry, he just needed to stay awake for Jinyoung.

"Are you family of JInyoung?" A male doctor walked up to Jaebum.

"Yes!" Jaebum scrambled to his feet as he was previously falling asleep.

"I need you to sign papers to do surgery. It seems that if we save the baby, Jinyoung will most likely not survive, and if we save Jinyoung, the baby won't survive. I'm sorry, Sir," the doctor said.

"I-I," Jaebum was too shocked.

"Save Jinyoung," the doctors looked up to see Mark and Mr. Park.

"Are you also related to Mr. Park Jinyoung?" The doctors asked.

"Yes. I am his father, and I want him saved. He will have another chance to conceive another baby, right?" Mr. Park slowly walk to the doctors.

"Yes he will. After taking the unborn child out, his body will recover. The uterus and embryo will go back to normal, making him able to conceive again," the doctor said.

Jaebum watched as everything went on. Jinyoung and his baby was going to be taken away-

"Wait! Is this the only way to save Jinyoung? You can't save both?!" Jaebum whimpered.

"I am sorry, Sir, but yes. If we try to save both, they might both die," the doctor said before leaving.

"I'm sorry Jaebum, i know you both loved the child, but he's not yours to begin with," Mr. Park sighed, "It was that monster, and I want you both to be happy. Please understand where I am coming from."

"I do," Jaebum cried into his hands.

... 

As Jinyoung woke up from his dream, he got remember the incident. He threw his hands onto his stomach. There was no movement. No kicking. And it felt...flat?

Jinyoung opened his eyes and looked to stare at his lover and best friend.

"I-I.. Where am I? Why does it feel different? What happened?" Jinyoung went into shock.

"I'll go get a doctor," Mark ran out the door.

"You're okay. Just a small accident-" Jaebum tried to calm down him boyfriend.