Heated arguments

Bucky was just happily minding his own business, reading a book when Tony comes out of the lab looking beyond sadness.

"What is it?"
Tony throws a magazine at him, close to tears. Bucky fumbles with it a little bit, before finally catching it.
"Please tell me this isn't true...."
Confused, Bucky looks down at the magazine then sees the front cover, which is implying that he was cheating on Tony.
"What the....? No, this isn't true! Why would you think this was true, Tony?"
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Why would I do something like this?"
"I don't know...."
"Yeah, i don't know either, because I didn't do it!"
"Then What is this?"
"Lies? Celebrity gossip?"
"Okay fine. Better question then. Who is this?"
"I don't even know, okay? I don't know!"
"Well you should fucking know! There is a lot of shit of the two of you here it wouldn't make sense for you to not know!"
"Well it would make sense if you believed me when I said I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE!"

They continue to argue, both just getting more angry and annoyed. Eventually, Tony goes to make some sort of hand gesture, but Bucky flinches and covers his face. Tony freezes. Bucky was in an abusive relationship with Steve. Bucky told him. The threats and the hits.

Trembling, Bucky uncovers his face a bit to look up at Tony, scared.

Tony hugs him tightly, "I could never hurt you like that Bucky, I'm sorry."

His tail wrapped around himself and ears flat against his head, Bucky continues to tremble as Tony slowly raises his hand to his head and runs his fingers through Bucky's hair. Somehow even more gentle then usual.

Eventually, Bucky calmed down, though he still mewled from time to time. Soon he fell asleep in Tony's embrace, his tail twitching. The only movement Tony made was his fingers, continuing to run through his hair and occasionally scratching his ears slightly or lightly caressing his cheek.

**

Bucky opened his eyes, and yawned. It was adorable.
"Hey love," Tony said, slightly smiling.
"Hey Tones.... So... you don't really believe that magazine, right....?"
"No.. I don't think you would ever do that."
"Thanks..."

Smiling and hugging, the two stayed there for a while longer, conversing over little things. Only getting up because they can't hug forever, which if they could then they probably would.