What's wrong with Pete?

(Thank you LokiOfEarth for this chapter and the next one since if you didn't write this it probably wouldn't be done until next month 😂)

Bucky hadn't seen Peter in a day or two, so he was getting worried for him. He knocked on Peter's door. "Hey, Pete?"
"H-hey..."
"You good in there?"
"Mhm..."
"Can I come in?"
Peter wanted to be alone, but he also didn't want to seem suspicious.
"It's okay if you don't want me to come in, I can leave,"
"N-no it's okay..." even though he wanted to be alone he thought it probably wasn't a good idea.
"You sure?"
Peter nodded, then realized Bucky couldn't see him.
"Yep.."
"Okay..." Bucky walked in to see Peter just kind of sitting on his bed, looking sad and scared. There was a bunch of homework scattered around the room that he hadn't done from like the past 3 weeks, which was unlike him since he never left his homework unfinished. The room was a complete mess.
Bucky just kind of looked around like 'woah okay that's new.' He sat down on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?"
"...I- I didn't think- I-" he took a deep breath "... It...I didn't think Steve would ever be capable... of... that..."
"Yeah... he's... he's changed, I think... maybe he can change again, for the better... I don't know..."
"It's just... he was always one of my idols... and now... it just doesn't make any sense to me..."
Bucky wrapped his arm around Peter's shoulders in a side hug. "I looked up to him too, kid... it'll be alright..."

***

A few weeks later, Bucky was making breakfast, because food is important to live- unless you're Tony on an inventing spree, of course. Peter literally bounced into the room- clearly back to his bubbly self.
"Oh hey Pete, breakfast is almost ready,"
"Okay! By the way... you guys kinda have to come into school with me in like a week...? We're having this career day thing..."
"Okay cool," Bucky said, serving breakfast.