Chapter 1: Terror of the East Blue

On a dark night in the East Blue, a large Marine ship drifted quietly towards its destination.

The Marines were the grand army for the World Government, with seemingly infinite soldiers

The Marines were the grand army for the World Government, with seemingly infinite soldiers. Most are known for being fearless, however on this night, one man kept looking out into the vast ocean, like he knew something was out there.

(Marine)"What's with you?! You act like there's a Sea King out there!"

(Scared Marine)"D-Don't you know that M-Mawgona lives around here? He specifically raids Marine ships!"

(Marine)"Mawgona? Who's that?"

(Scared Marine)"They say he's got a crew of Demons! At some point as a young adult, he ate the Devil's fruit, and was able to summon them! On top of that, he gained inhuman strength, and mastery over metal!"

(Marine)"What the hell does that mean?"

(Scared Marine)"How should I know!? Have you ever heard anybody talking about him?"

(Marine)"No?"

(Scared Marine)"Well that's why! Nobody that's ever faced Mawgona has ever come back alive! Aside from Captain Smoker, and his men of course!"

(Marine)"Relax! The only guy that dangerous is Arlong, and he hasn't been active in years! There's absolutely nothing to-"

(Marine Lookout)"Ship ahead!"

Right in front of them, there was a Pirate ship, five times bigger than their own. It had eight cannons on each side, a larger cannon in the front, it was all sliver, and had the staple of all pirates, a Jolly Roger. It was the traditional skull, but with yellow, neutral eyes.

This ship is named, The Iron Maiden.

(Marine)"It looks like it's made entirely of iron, how the hell is it floating!?"

(Scared Marine)"Th-Th-That's Mawgona!!! He's coming to get us, we're all going to be killed!"

Without warning, the front cannon fired a red hot ball, which some call "Hotshot". It tore through the deck of the ship, catching a portion of it on fire. The men ran around the deck yelling and cursing, trying to figure out what was going on. In the confusion, the ships captain appeared. He was so muscular, and so large, that many believe him to be a small Giant. He brandished two large blades on both sides of his hips, and had the kind of glare that could kill a man.

(Marine Captain)"What in God's name is going on!?!"

(Marine)"A Pirate ship, Sir! It's m-made if metal!"

(Marine Captain)"A metal ship? I know exactly who we're dealing with, the Dark Soul Pirates! Fire back, throw everything we got at 'em!"

(Marine)"Yes, Sir!"

Although they were damaged, the ship was able to fire four cannon balls into the hull of The Iron Maiden. But, to their surprise, the cannon balls fell off, and the dents were instantly gone.