Chapter 20: Experiment

(Gohma's Castle) (4 Years ago)

The strange King sat quietly in his throne room, a chilling ambience was his only company. He stared blankly at the doors on the opposite side of the chamber, considering something for a moment. Gohma got up from his chair, and walked out the room, not even acknowledging the two guards on the other side.

The interior of the palace was definitely otherworldly. Each and every corridor was pitch black, with white outlines being the only sign you weren't stuck in an infinite space with no entrance or exit. On the far right of the hall was an elevator. Inside, the buttons were labeled 1-11, with a small hole next to the tenth floor. He inserted a red key, and within a few seconds, the lift was on the requested floor.

/(♪)\

The 10th floor had a dark green hue, and a chilling atmosphere. The main room had a row of 10 refrigerators, each holding test tubes and syringes filled with a number of chemicals. He opened one, and took out two items. A ball of some type of white clay, and a syringe filled with a glowing red liquid.

He then took these to a counter on the left side of the room, and proceeded to mold the clay into a humanoid figure. After its form was completed, he injected the liquid in the clay model's chest. Within a few seconds, the sculpture sprang to life, bumbling about like a newborn deer. After falling off the desk, it soon got the hang of movement, and began to hug his ankle.

(Gohma)"...Disgusting."

A red aura surrounded his entire body, and an arm formed to crush the clay figure into red paste. He didn't even bother to clean up the mess, and headed to the next room.

This was seemed to be a workshop. Multiple tools and metal pieces littered the area. One side of the room had a large blue print for some kind of android. And on the other side, he saw a familiar face, working on an endoskeleton.

(Gohma)"Proton."

(Dr. Proton)"Hm? Oh, I didn't hear you come in, what are you doing down here?"

(Gohma)"I want to see how the current project is coming along."

(Dr. Proton)"Oh! I had just finished upgrading the machine, I think it'll work this time."

They both moved on to the next room. The long corridor had dozens of prison cells, with glowing blue rods attached vertically to keep whatever was in then from leaving. The cell's lights weren't on, but Gohma could see several eyes, glowing a multitude of colors in each one.

Finally, at the end of the hall, there was a sign indicating where to go.

[←DT Extraction Room/Birthing Chamber - Testing Chamber→]

They went to the left room. The chamber was massive, with many tubes lining the ceiling, and lead to an intimidating machine in the center, with a gray, featureless figure affixed onto a tilted surface below it.

 The chamber was massive, with many tubes lining the ceiling, and lead to an intimidating machine in the center, with a gray, featureless figure affixed onto a tilted surface below it